Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride an '09 Green - got it in May. I love it. I came back to riding after 21 years and I am sorry I waited so long.

What a bike the 250R is. I learned to ride properly and with great skill because I started small. Everyone said I would get bored of it in two months and you couldn't use it on the highway. They are all wrong. I have no problem whatsoever riding with friends with supersport 600s and litre machines. Highway riding is a dream. This bike can do it all.

I've got 4700 kms on it and I just stored it for the winter. It's a sad day.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome , sorry to hear that you have to store her so early. Where do you live? Have made any mods? And I say it before anyone else ........PICS?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Vaughan, Ontario - the City above Toronto.

Re storing early: Yeah, you can say that again. The guys I ride with say this was actually a good year. Most seasons, the bikes get put away end of October.

It has been mild this November - 8 to 12 degrees celcius (46 - 54 F). I bough an electric vest and all became good. I got almost an extra month of riding with it. It will also be good for the Spring too.

This is the only picture I can find right now. Taken early November. That's me in black.

Sorry guys, the picture is too large and gets rejected - how do I compress it?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
General, you can depending on your OS, XP has a cool "image resizer power toy" which makes resizing images stupid easy. If it's Windows of any kind, paint.net is a free, although maybe slightly convoluted solution. GIMP is better, but even more convoluted. Those are the ones I use. Picasa I know will do it, and do it well, but I don't like it as much. Nikon View is something else I use too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spooph, you got to put your bike away for the winter in Coloroda, don't you? When does the weather force you to store in CO?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have not had a bike for about a year and will be buying a new one in January. But yes you can ride all year here. Its not cold enough for long enough to really need electric gear but I think I might try hot hands. The hands are the only thing that has bothered me much.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
General, most guys put their bikes away, but I don't. The only time I don't ride is when they're ice on the ground, in the morning, before I leave for work. Otherwise I have heated grips, and I layer up. I can't tell you how many times I"ve come home in the snow... :p

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome general. From one Canuck to another, I feel your pain. I'm just down the 401 from you, and I parked a few weeks ago already - didn't know we'd have such a reasonable November!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear you.

I rode with some guys to the Fork of the Credit the last or second last weekend in October and we were talking about it being the last ride of the season, but the mild weekends didn't stop.

One of the days this weekend is going to be clear with a high of 8. One of those guys plans to ride.

Hey, in this climate you take what you can get.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Welcome and I agree. Kawasaki did good with the 250. I took it out on the windows in the sierra nevadas by Fresno and I passes a group of gsxr's and at the stop they were amazed I was on a 250. Not that I was faster but more nimble than them and could maintain speed through the corners better than them on their heavier bikes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scooter, you guys are so lucky in CA. I was there with the family in July and we drove the Pacific Coast Highway from Carmel by the Sea to Hearst Castle. What an incredible road. All I kept thinking was how nice it would be to do this on a bike. Here in Ontario we got a few nice twisties, nothing more than a couple miles at a time though. In CA, you got an endless pick or awesome roads and year round riding to boot.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Well I have not been on highway one yet over here (Pacific Coast HW) But in the central valley about 10 miles to my east are some killer foot hills and the views are great!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts