Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Quick hello from new member in Ottawa Canada. Looking forward to discussions on the 650R and the occasional (well maybe more frequent) joke or two.

Ninjastrat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's one of the beast. Oh yeah, I included a pic of the bike too. Heh heh.

Only thing I've done so far is put a double bubble on (not in this pic) and fender elim. Plan to change muff, rear shock (if I can find something not too crazy expensive), levers and maybe bars this year.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Cool!! More 650R riders! Welcome Strat, you will fit in nicely here!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome Strat. I lived in Ottawa for 10 years and judging from the small amount of snow in that picture, I'm guessing it was taken on a nice day in June? He he he. The 2nd coldest Capital CIty in the world I've heard.

Very nice bike. I ride the sibling, an 09 Versys.

Enjoy NN!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Well, I was off the pace a bit.??? However, when I heard the story that Ottawa was second place, I also heard tht Mongolia's cap was the Number one for cold.

Flix, clearly, you still have a lot of idle time on your hands as you mend!!!!;D;D;D;D;D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Flix, clearly, you still have a lot of idle time on your hands as you mend!!!!;D;D;D;D;D
What are you taking about Boar?? He had this much time on his hands when he was working overtime!!!!!:p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome fellow ninjers. Yes it does get a bit cool here which makes the season shorter than I'd like (365 days a year would be about right). Depending how the weather cooperates, our season goes from sometime in March thru end November with plenty of rides in the 5c (41f) range (and a few below 0C (32f) due to over optimistic planning). We may not be the 2nd coldest capital but when your city boasts that it's claim to fame is having the worlds largest skating rink (the Rideau Canal which runs thru the city), well you know it ain't exactly tropical here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not exactly tropical no....but we can only skate on it a month or two and thats it..I am also in Ottawa riding a 650r....so you are the other one haha. Maybe we will meet on the roads sometime.

SG
Well we may meet sometime but you'll have to look for a raven R6S. I sold the 650R back in the spring. Sorry to see it go but I think there's another Kawi in my future at some point. Haven't got one lined up or anything but the ZXR400 looks interesting (man can never have too many bikes).:dance:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.