Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site last night and decided to join. I've owned an '09 500R for a little over a year now, and I love riding her around town. I don't get a lot of time to ride though - I have under 700 miles on her so far.

I live in western NC near Charlotte. My husband drives truck for a living and I've recently returned to school. We have four children. Thanks for letting me join!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you here! Please let your husband know for me he's an angel on the road... Every long-distance trip I take it's the Semi's who are always welcoming, watchful, rate-A people to talk to at rest stops, and just generally fantastic on the super slabs!

Post up some pics of your bike.... :D What took you so long to register?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody! To answer your questions...

I will post bike pics as soon as I remember to do so (before shutting down my computer - I'm posting from an iPad right now).

I'm back in school after almost twenty years out (never got my degree last time), and am taking prerequisites with the intention of applying to next fall's Nursing class. Which is why I can't remember to get on here to post pics - I'm taking sixteen credits (five classes), all online-based.

Thanks for the kind words about truckers - I know many people here who love to diss them, so it's refreshing to hear something positive for a change. I will pass it on to him - he dislikes running the road but until I get through school, he's kind of stuck. Maybe a few positive thoughts will help him cope better...

I didn't register simply because I only recently came across the site. I'm on Motorcycle Forum and another site I keep forgetting to visit, and never knew about this one. I don't remember what drew me here anyway...oh wait, yes I do, I was trying to get a rough idea of how much the bike's first service is going to cost. TOO much is pretty much the answer, no matter what I find. LOL

No, Jim doesn't ride. And not for lack of trying on my part. I recently applied to join my local chapter of the GOC and even a few of them are pestering him to no avail. I keep catching him eyeballing some sweet trikes and other bikes around here. The most I've gotten out of him is that he will start riding when I go get a tattoo! He thinks I'm too chicken but I'm not, I just haven't found MY flash yet, hehe...

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
sweet! sorry about the "what took you so long", I was shooting through threads quickly and hadn't dumped the memory of the previous one before posting here... My bad. Cool, glad to have ya! Good luck on the hubby....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.