Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Hello from Michigan

7K views 85 replies 9 participants last post by  earlthepearl 
#1 ·
Newbie from Michigan awaiting arrival of my 2013 Ninja 300r ABS Limited Edition. Mother of 6, grandmother of 8.
Never driven a motorcycle before and have alot of family and friends trying to talk me ou of it but I'm not listening.
Taking my Motorcycle safety class in April.
Very excited, wanted a Ninja for alot of years but life interrupted,
marraige, kids, grandkids, so now I'm gonna finally do it.
:dance:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Justice40 said:
Welcome Vortex,

Congratulations on your bike that's awesome! You'll have fun at your safety course and they are great for new riders.
Thank you

Discussion starter · #5 ·
SDRZX6R said:
Welcome. There is no feeling like the freedom of a bike. You will love it and its a great bike to learn on!
I'm very excited, can't wait to get it home.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
indyjoe7 said:
Welcome Vortex, I am a nube too, on here and the bike. It's so cool. Love riding. Can't wait till spring!
Thank you indyjoe7 I absolutely cannot wait until that phone call from the dealer that my bike is in

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Make sure when you get the call you let us all know!!!! We're exited for you.;)
Definately will let everyone know when it's here, every time my cell phone rings i knock over small children and the elderly to get to it.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Dealer called me today , they have located a bike for me and it will be here in a couple days woooo whoooooo so excited will post pics as soon as I get her home.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Justice40 said:
Have you got your gear yet?
I have my helmet, boots, that's it so far.
Gotta get a jacket, gloves . Do you where just jeans or something else?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
i rode mostly dirtbikes when i was young and not too fast but the first time i felt gusts of wind while riding on the back of a streetbike scared me.i got my own first streetbike in 2000 and gradually worked up to freeway speeds and since then been in sidewinds most bikers wouldnt dare drive in.so the more you get experience and confidence the more fun you will have.i'm addicted to it. remember to drive safe and have fun.
Plan on seriously taking my time as this is all new to me.
Safety class starts April 29th so I'm sure I'll learn alot and the rest will come with time and patience.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Take ur time.....
U don't wanna drop ur bike...
Parts are $$$$....
And unless u can repair ur plastic urself u'll have to pay someone else to do it..
Or buy new....
Just a mirror alone is 70 bucks
I am heeding all the warnings I'm reading

Discussion starter · #30 ·
U will be after a quick course. Get used to just sitting on it n getting used to it for now..unless ur able to ride it on ur own property with some supervision already?
Can I sit on it with a center stand or is this not a good idea?
Also was looking to get a stand anyway any hints on type, manufacturer etc?
Are they make and model specific?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Hahahahahahahaha.... Yes u can sit on it on centerstand or the kickstand.....
Just do a search on ebay, amazon, google or yahoo. For this sorta thing:
Vortex Rear Stand - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Actually wouldn't hurt to get used to leaning it back n forth a bit to get used to the weight of it.....LOL
Well I knew I could sit on it with kick stand down but was not sure on centerstand, thought maybe that was for storing or working on it. Lol

Discussion starter · #43 ·
yup kawasaki knows how to make nice bikes.looks great vortex
Thank you, my husband said I can;t keep it in the house, said I have to keep it in the garage. Seriously raining on my parade, it doesn't take up that much room.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Looks Awesone!! Green's the way to go. I keep mine in my basement, my wife's ok with that thank god. Are u going to get green and black riding gear also?
Matching gear to a certain extent, but I am going with a pink helmet just because I like it. I kinda figured I don't match my outfits to my car color so if I'm not completely matching the bike that's fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.