Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone !

So I bought my first motorcycle ever, a 2012 Ninja 250R.

After attending the Motorcycle Safety Class here and getting the license, I was doing "research" for a very very long time on whether to choose a cruiser a la Rebel / GZ250 / TU250x / V star 250 ... or whether to go with the beginner sports bike CBR250/ Ninja250. (Those were all the rides that fit my budget really) ... then decided, a cruiser has a much more "older person" look, and being in mid 20s, I figured a sports bike would offer more of an "adrenaline rush" , so to speak. As for deciding between, the Ninja and CBR, I dunno how to explain it .. :D

Found a helmet at the dealer with a color scheme matching that of my bike .. adds to the coolness factor :D

Even though the bike itself was within my budget, the total out the door price was waaaaaaaaay more than I had expected .. with the variety of dealer fees ... anyone else face this when buying a new bike?

Anyway, I started browsing through the forums after buying the bike, and already learnt a bunch of stuff !

and in case anyone's interested, here's another interesting link i came across -- Ninja250 Howto - Ninja250Wiki !!

Safe riding everyone!

(And I have put up the pictures as well.. )

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey harisund! Welcome to NN and thanks for the great intro. You have picked an incredible bike to start on, build skills with, and to enjoy for many years too. Sounds like you prepared really well, and I speak for many NN peeps when I tell you that you won't be disappointed.

I think dealers everywhere can ding you with fees upon fees to add that extra dent to your wallet.

Be (reasonably) safe, have fun. And post up some pics of your bike. Black 2012 I guess from your avatar? Go Team Black!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey harisund! Welcome to NN and thanks for the great intro. You have picked an incredible bike to start on, build skills with, and to enjoy for many years too. Sounds like you prepared really well, and I speak for many NN peeps when I tell you that you won't be disappointed.

I think dealers everywhere can ding you with fees upon fees to add that extra dent to your wallet.

Be (reasonably) safe, have fun. And post up some pics of your bike. Black 2012 I guess from your avatar? Go Team Black!
Yeah black 2012 .. and they are already in my album ... how do I provide a link to that?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Folks can go to your album by clicking on your profile name.

You can also use Photobucket or another photo hosting site to upload your pics and then put them right into your threads. It works great for when you do a ride with pics, or if you're posting a tech question and need to show a pic of what your talking about, or when you want to show off a new mod... etc.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Welcome!

You can also paste in links directly from your album by right clicking your picture in your album after you've uploaded it and selecting "copy image URL/link/target" and then clicking the picture button in your reply and sticking the link in there....

Like this:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome to the site, and nice looking ride!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome messages guys :)

I have been riding my bike to work this past week (I mainly bought it for commuting .. my office is about 6 miles from home) and I am loving it ! I can not stand to drive my car anymore !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.