Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Riding Elysium Road
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (gals),
I've been punting along on my 50cc, 1984 Honda Spree for the past couple of months which amounts to my 2000 mile riding experience. After having dreamt about, wished on and salivated over the 250R for that same period, I came across a sweet deal on ebay for a 2009 model with only 700 miles on it! It had been laid on the left side and had a broken signal light, broken shifter and minor cosmetic damages to some of the fairings and tank. Well, I took the leap, bid and won it for $2,150! (+$350 shipping). I have already bought new signals, the shifter assembly, new fairing pieces and a used but unblemished tank and am now awaiting my bike's delivery. In my excitement, I've been cramming on all things 250R to welcome my ninja with a capable pair of hands, but I'm still hopelessly noobish and I would greatly appreciate any tips, hints, advice..anything at all, that you guys think I should buy/read up on before I receive my ninja and start the process of making her fully operational.
Anyway, sorry for my long post...I'm just so freaking excited!
Thanks for bearing with me.
Peace.

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Welcome to NN!

I rode 2,700kms my first season on a 50cc Honda, then bought a 2009 Ninja 250r. So I really liked your intro. Sounds like you have some work ahead making your new baby new again. Post up some pics of before and after. Congrats on the new bike!

· Riding Elysium Road
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro,
It feels good having something in common with a ninja rider. I sure have my work cut for me, but I'm not worried seeing that all the things I'm going to have to do are basic 'plug and play' maintenance and moreover, I'll use the opportunity to really see the workings of my ninja.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome Ethio, Glad to have you on board!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.