Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Sydney,

Soon-to-be an owner of the special edition ninja 250 2010 model (hoping to own one by the end of the week). Got my Learners about a month ago but have not been on a bike since. This will be my first bike and riding experience, apart from the actual course itself.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the above bike. Am I making the right decision in buying this bike? - I was initially after the ninja 250 2009 model but came across a 2010 SE for similar price.

Any major differences between the two bikes? - apart from the colour schemes of course.

Look forward to enjoying my time here.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Welcome!

Nothing is different between the 09 and 10 models, except for the paint and I think different tires. But they are identical bikes.

Are you making the right decision?

I would say yes but then pretty much this entire forum is biased. lol Glad you took a safety course. Make sure you get some good riding gear too.

Ask questions! And post pics when you get the bike or we may throw things at you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Delta nice to meet you.

Here is a link/image of the bike I want to purchase this weekend. Let me know what your thoughts are. Here is the spiel from the seller.

" for sale is my ninja 250 ninja special edition it has been my pride and joy but must sell due upgrade in bike. Bike consists of fender eliminator and shorty exhaust. bike is very well looked after and will be perfect for a first bike owner."

Here is the link if the above does not work.

Photo Gallery Popup

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Nice clean bike man! Heck yea you're making the right decision... Except that it's green... :p Welcome to the boards, and may your journey with your new found 2-wheeled friend be of a life-changing grandeur!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes you're making the right decision. The Ninja 250r is a great bike to learn on for beginners and to thrash around the twisties for more experienced riders. Nothing but fond memories of mine. When I see one on the road I still make sure I try and get a good look at it.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
To be totally honest, I am quicker on the 250R through the twisties than I am on my 650R, and I think it comes down to it being so easy to handle. Plus, I think having too much power between the corners can get you into trouble quicker!!

By the way, Welcome to another Aussie!! We are slowly taking over this joint!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome Ed. Bike looks great - I love the green. (it's my second favourite shade of black) Not only have you picked an excellent bike, but you've landed on the best forum in the world to talk about it and share information. Enjoy both.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Ediot, just take your time in getting used to the site. THere's a lot of info here, and we've created a lot of fluff, hiding it... That's happens in a family. But yes, the search button is good button to get to know. And Virt is probably right....

Virt.... it takes one to know one... :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi again guys. Just thought i let you know im a proud owner of the above bike now.. however while riding it home the clutch cable snapped and need tohave it replaced.

Are there any good websites that show you step by step on how to replace this?

Anyone had to do this on their own before? Any suggestions/tips?

Only just bought it and didnt reach home and already a problem... not happy!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
that sucks dude! It's pretty easy to replace, but you have to remove a lot of the body and the gas tank, so if you're not one to really work on your stuff, you might want to take it to a shop.... Also not sure why it broke so early... I'm at 40K, on my original clutch cable....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow you really are quick at replying spooph.. must be auto reply bot.. :)

Yeh beats me why it snapped its only got 5550kms on the clock and only 2kms (if even that) are mine attempting to take it home..

Are the cables cheap? I alredy have the ride side fairings off. Looks like it will be easier to remove the gas tank but i might have a go first with it on. My only concern is getting the tension right and lubing it.. these are the two factors im unsure about

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, I'm online all day at work.. I try to keep an eye on NN, but it doesn't always happen...

To lube the cable you will need one of these: Amazon.com: SPI 7-100 Oil Injector Cable Lube Tool - by Raider: Automotive

um, adjusting it is pretty self explanatory once you mess with it for a little while... Make sure your clutch lever has 2-3mm play in it (measure between the back part of the lever - where the cable clips in and the mounting bracket).

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The Little manual that comes with the bike has a section on adjusting. It is handy hope you got that with the bike. If not ask if they still have it.
Yea! team green Welcome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bike is now up and running. Woooo team green!!
Not sure about the 2-3cm play though. Not sure if i did this part correctly. Bike seems to ride okay. Took it on the road for the first time. Was quite nervous. Gota get used to the gears and downshifting hard to tell which gear im on and find 2nd gear b4 turning. i jus down shift to first then back up to 2nd.

Also forgot to ask for the log book for the bike. Hope the prev owner hasnt lost it. Dont know why he didnt giv it to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.