Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

just gotten my er6f last friday, almost one week already! =)
was an upgrade from my yamaha fz150i.

first thing i noticed was the heat from the ninja 650, woah was it hot compared to my little ol bike... (old yamaha fan doesn't run most of the time, unless i was stuck in a jam, but the 650, not in a jam but woahh...even my dad can feel it when he was at the stop light next to me!)

and the radiator fan was spinning a lot before i turned off the engine...
just wanna confirm with you guys, that's absolute normal right? Since there's no warning lights and all.

I know this has been asked before under "flaring Q" =), but that didin't mention about the fan running, and also, I can smell the new bike being cooked too, ahh...the new bike smell, it's awesome!

·
Registered
154 Posts
no worries, as long as the radiator fan is working and the red overheating light is not on
my light came on only twice over the 50,000 km current lifetime of my bike... in uphill road traffic jams
one thing you may consider is a change of coolant fluid, for better cooling performance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no worries, as long as the radiator fan is working and the red overheating light is not on
my light came on only twice over the 50,000 km current lifetime of my bike... in uphill road traffic jams
one thing you may consider is a change of coolant fluid, for better cooling performance
Sorry for the late response buddy,thanks for replying hehe

icic, thanks for the info =)

Just gotten my go at the 2010 er6n,it was quite hot after a Bit of slow riding at the training course hehe...need to get a license for bikes above 250cc =(

Noticed this on my bike and also the er6n...
one time when I reached my destination, and i just turn off the switch, the red fuel pressure light went on, which was odd, as it only happened once.
have you experienced it before? hmm

·
Registered
154 Posts
oil pressure light... my immediate thought would be to check the engine oil level
when is the last time you changed the engine oil and the oil filter?
poor quality, or old engine oil could cause overheating as well...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never changed the oil/filter yet =D
less than 1000km at the moment, still taking my license for above 250cc bikes here, hopefully can pass the test and get it later this month.
the bike at the training school still have that red light showing once it's off, but not everytime, I guess it's normal, as it doesn't come on during riding time.

there's no email notification for posts here right? =/ hmm2

·
Registered
154 Posts
well, is your bike new, or second hand?
this would make a lot of difference... if new, 1000 kliks is indeed too early to change the engine oil
... but if the bike is second hand, i would change the engine oil and the filter presto, as a precaution

as for email advice when replies are made to your posting, yes i am getting them
you may check your settings to make the necessary adjustments
... and here is wishing you all the best for your driving lessons!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, is your bike new, or second hand?
this would make a lot of difference... if new, 1000 kliks is indeed too early to change the engine oil
... but if the bike is second hand, i would change the engine oil and the filter presto, as a precaution

as for email advice when replies are made to your posting, yes i am getting them
you may check your settings to make the necessary adjustments
... and here is wishing you all the best for your driving lessons!
it's a first hand bike, but the the bike was made in 2013, so it's a new old bike i suppose =D
almost 1000 clicks now, gonna ride it for a few more days and i guess need to change the engine oil =)

2 more days to the final test,hopefully the weather and all will be awesome then I can ride in peace hehe

again, thanks a lot for your assistance mr. island man hehehehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still kinda hot my bike, reached 10k on the mileage ady
all is still well, the heat is annoying but then the fan kicks in...
i guess this bike is not really suitable for traffic, even the manuals says so, don't keep the bike stationary for too long =D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts