Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would go for heated grips instead. Then you can have warm hands and still have the safety of your regular riding gloves. You also have the convenience of turning them on or off when you need them instead of being stuck without the right set of gloves.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Hello...
These heated grips will heat the bottom of your fingers and will never address the heat loss on the top of your fingers. When you take the Connie for a long ride, everything on the bike sort of heats up so go with the gloves! The grips are coated on the inside with a fine film of silicone. The silicone makes it slippery to put on and then acts a an adhesive to keep the grips on. They are not very hard to put back on.

Thanks and regards,
Anthony

·
Registered
420 Posts
You're comment doesn't make any sense Anthony. Why are you talking about silicone on the grips? And the bike most definitely does not heat up everywhere when its cold outside. What was the intention of this post?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
CZ, go here:Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!.
Read this: Gerbing's Heated Clothing // Power Source
and then from Gerbing's home page go to "power sports gear".

... many of their models are built to run off of a battery pack....

I would however recommend against a battery pack:
1.) In a crash, that's a very large piece of very hard metal that could quite possibly destroy your wrist bones.
2.) The battery pack is heavy and could be a pain.
3.) It has a limited time/range, but with wires, you have as much electricity as you have gas....

Also do some research on Tourmaster's stuff...

I'm keeping an eye on you Anthony Martello. Prove to us your not a spammer...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'm keeping an eye on you Anthony Martello. Prove to us your not a spammer...
+1000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've done lots of research on different kinds of heated gear cz, I'm cold blooded lol. And honestly the grips are the best option. They are the safest, best use of your money and far more reliable than anything else. I've also heard terrible things about tourmaster stuff on sport bikes. They are designed for touring bikes... which are built to handle things like that. Sport bikes are not. Plug too many things in and you have an unhealthy bike on your hands and an empty wallet. Had a friend who didn't do so well with a tour master heated vest. Anyway, its up to you of course, but I really would stay clear of battery pack gear, or any kind of gear that was not made for motorcycle/snowmobile use. That stuff is specifically designed to not hurt you and I'm sure lots of us would prefer you and your ride in one piece. Cheers :)

Ps: +1 on that martello guy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've also heard terrible things about tourmaster stuff on sport bikes. They are designed for touring bikes... which are built to handle things like that. Sport bikes are not. Plug too many things in and you have an unhealthy bike on your hands and an empty wallet.
Good point FHG. Never looked at the energy draw on stuff made for touring bikes v/s sporting bikes. BTW, have you decided on a particular set of gloves yet?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i haven't, i love tourmaster haha,i have a jacket from them and plan to get over pants as well, i jacket does wonders i can wear a tshirt under it in 40 degree weather and be fine. i would also be fine with good winter riding gloves, i'm not a cold person, just wearing crappy normal winter gloves sent me to think i need heated.

so if and one would like to offer up a great non heated pair i'd look into it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright guys i wore a different winter pair of glove and they were way better than the other pair i was wearing so i've decided i just need a decent pair of insulated riding glove so....what is the best?!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Anything above $100 dollars/pair... Seriously, they are all very similar, using very similar compounds and stitching. 1 thing you want to make sure of, is to buy a loose fitting pair - maybe go up 1 size from your normal size, and don't order them on-line, make sure to fit them first.... What size gloves do you wear? I might have a set I could let you have for cheap - they're too small for me... I have these in Large: Tour Master Winter Elite Gloves - 2011 - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Weird, last year they were $120, now they are way below... I'm wondering what replaced them...

edit: Oh wait, they're still $110 on Tourmaster's site, ok, now I don't feel so bad..

·
Registered
420 Posts
You all have huge hands! I wear xs or xxs lol. I'm thinking Oxford grips but I've been so busy at work I haven't had a lot of time to research. I want something simple to install and if possible the option to order within Canada so I don't get raped with charges. I'll let you know on my mod thread when I get it all sorted out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.