Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I wasn't sure cause I saw a couple of people riding with them in and didn't know if everyone did that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some people do wear them but the problem I have with listening to music while riding is you aren't focused fully on the road or the vehicles around you. To where you wouldn't be as ready if you needed to react quickly.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Kazz418 said:
Some people do wear them but the problem I have with listening to music while riding is you aren't focused fully on the road or the vehicles around you. To where you wouldn't be as ready if you needed to react quickly.
And the fact in give you over confidence and trying to keep up with the beat etc its going to fail at some point!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wear them on the highway only, cuts down on the wind noise and keeps me from getting bored to death. I have my ipod in the mapcase of my tankbag and can easily turn it off and on. I turn it off just before I get off the highway.

I did 5hrs of riding double lane interstate a couple of weeks ago and it was awful nice having some tunes. I'm going to get some helmet speakers soon, the earbuds can be a little uncomfortable after awhile.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Novaboy said:
I wear them on the highway only, cuts down on the wind noise and keeps me from getting bored to death. I have my ipod in the mapcase of my tankbag and can easily turn it off and on. I turn it off just before I get off the highway.

I did 5hrs of riding double lane interstate a couple of weeks ago and it was awful nice having some tunes. I'm going to get some helmet speakers soon, the earbuds can be a little uncomfortable after awhile.
Good luck with your riding ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Novaboy said:

Do you use a certain kind of headphones? I tried to use headphones but when I hit the highway speeds, I couldn't hear anything!

·
Registered
52 Posts
To each their own. I find the wind noise even with earplugs to be an annoying distraction at highway speed. The music for me is just a pleasant background noise that actually keeps me more alert on long highway trips.

If you are a person that is easily distracted and gets carried away by your favourite tunes, maybe its not right thing to do.

All my riding buddies listen to music on the highway, whether its with earbuds or through the sound system of their touring bikes. Although we are all professional pilots and can operate an aircraft while having to talk and maintain a listening watch on the radio.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It all depends on what sort of riding you do if you ride fast then it's definitely a distraction if your cruising then maybe not I wouldn't know but if it works for you then that's cool but definitely wouldn't recommend it it is dangerous :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
It is personal preference, and its influence on you depends on your involvement in the music.

If you find that you "really get into the music" it will draw some of your concentration away from what is going on outside your head. If you just like some background sounds to cover other sounds, it's not as much of an issue.

I personally "really get into the music", so I choose to not listen when I ride.

If that's not the case, then you may be OK listening when you ride. In some states I believe it's illegal.

Jay

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
jkv45 said:
It is personal preference, and its influence on you depends on your involvement in the music.

If you find that you "really get into the music" it will draw some of your concentration away from what is going on outside your head. If you just like some background sounds to cover other sounds, it's not as much of an issue.

I personally "really get into the music", so I choose to not listen when I ride.

If that's not the case, then you may be OK listening when you ride. In some states I believe it's illegal.

Jay
I was going to say the same thing about it being illegal too but wasn't to sure on the laws !

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Novaboy said:
To each their own. I find the wind noise even with earplugs to be an annoying distraction at highway speed. The music for me is just a pleasant background noise that actually keeps me more alert on long highway trips.

If you are a person that is easily distracted and gets carried away by your favourite tunes, maybe its not right thing to do.

All my riding buddies listen to music on the highway, whether its with earbuds or through the sound system of their touring bikes. Although we are all professional pilots and can operate an aircraft while having to talk and maintain a listening watch on the radio.
Talking and maintaining a listening watch is different to having music in your ears whilst being in control of a motorbike ,listening to music can have an influence on how your riding etc if your cruising on day a Harley or big custom then maybe fine if you can hear it over the exhausts but if your riding hard and fast I think having any sort of music in your ear is bad !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts