Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious is there a mod out there that you can to make it to where you can have both of your headlights on or can I just replace the bulb on the bright side to make it match the other and ride with that on. I'm asking cause I never use my bright light and I don't like the one headlight look. I think the bike looks much better with both of them on. Just curious if there is a way to make this happen.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good question, good idea.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Both bulbs are the same (H7 single filiment bulbs). The difference is the angle of the reflector for the two sides inside the headlamp assembly. You should not have a problem running the hi beam light during the day (as the low beam light is on too, also this makes for better visibility). Just be mindful of oncoming cars at night. Also periodically check that the headlight lens is not getting too hot as this may cause a little warping or distortion of the lens over time.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
RD, Blue Ghost got it spot on. Both lights are the same and the reflectors are different, meaning, unless you change the headlight housing, you might as well ride with the high-beam switch on all the time to do what you want to do. You could change to an H5 I think if you want the high-beam side to be not so bright....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a dumb observation, but the bright-side light is actually angled more parallel to the ground, not just the reflector. I know, useless, but next time you'll see it you'll say, "Yep, Travisty was right"
:D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I think I know what you mean. One of my OEM bulbs was slightly askew in the bulb base, but my new bulbs are nice and even.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good to know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
How easy is it to replace them? My hedlight has been out for quite a while and i've been riding with the highbeam on. I have the bulb just been a little busy.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It depends on how you do it. I did it from underneath. I had turn turn the wheel to get clearance. I have pretty big hands. I guess you could take the front fairing off if you needed to see better. Putting the clip back on the bulb is a little tricky if you can't see it.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sailor, do yourself a big favor when changing it and remove the black "under-cowl" on the front - 4 screws and 6 clips, and it will be plain as day what going on behind there....

·
Registered
53 Posts
If u look at it there's a "hook" holding it down. Move the retainer out from under it, pull the bulb out. Pretty simple once you have done it a few times.

·
Registered
656 Posts
spooph said:
RD, Blue Ghost got it spot on. Both lights are the same and the reflectors are different, meaning, unless you change the headlight housing, you might as well ride with the high-beam switch on all the time to do what you want to do. You could change to an H5 I think if you want the high-beam side to be not so bright....
whahhhtttT you mean that i can't replace the low beam with a high beam bulb and increase my luminosity? what if i super glue that really reflective stuff in the housing that they use to grow pot?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Maybe throw a couple of glow sticks in with the light bulbs? You'd have more light, a cool eerie green glow, and a rolling party (read rave) where ever you throw light! Especially on bumpy roads...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts