Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok....here we go....another can of worms....:facepalm::facepalm:
I been doing some research on better bulbs.....
Ok....found that..... to stay with Halogens the better seem to be...
Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb
N just deal with the so-so life....
Now......I did some reading how to change them....:thumb:
Went out to the bike to have me a look.....:whistling:
Plenty of room for me to get my hands in there to do the change out....
Very easy.....:thumb:
But.....:whistling::whistling:Here we go guys an gals....:whistling::whistling:
I also notice a small what looks like a sort of maybe a adjustment knob thingy....Maybe.....:facepalm::facepalm: Under each light....

Maybe someone can tell me what this knob might be fore n what it does if n adjuster?.....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks like you vertical headlight adjuster,the horizontal adjuster should be accross from it on otherside of light socket.
I'll have a look for another. Didn't see another knob?
I did turn that one n it moved the reflector inside like a left to right adjustment.:whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found them.....:thumb:
Last summer riding I always said to my self......:whistling:
Self... these light would be a bit better if they was pointing a bit higher.
But never looked for adjustments even tho i has the fairing n front covers off a few times......:facepalm::facepalm:
Now i know.....:thumb:
So I just turned the up down up a half turn watching the lights on the garage door to see if it did what i wanted....:dance::dance:, but.......:eek:
I will check bettererer later when i can actually get the bike out.:thumb::thumb:
I can even get my hands down in there to turn them sitting on the bike....:thumb:
So sometime when i can find a dark less traveled road. I'll stop on a straight spot with them flashers on...n.....adjust that low beams a bit bettererer...n....get that high beam shining right in everyones eyes where they should be.....:thumb::thumb:

I also edited above picture to lets others know about the above adjuster...:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
i think i will replace mine with piaa xtreme white plus halogen bulbs.once i get my exhaust,fuel tuner,sprockets,integrated tail light,speedo tuner,corbin seat.fender eliminator, robo bracket widscreen,hard luggage brackets assembled on my bike.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea how long these last? Hours? Their site didn't say? I hate to spend a lot of $$$ for lights that only last 3-6 months...:eek::eek:
Kinda why i will go with the ...Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb
Fairly long life n the reviews say they are quite bright
:whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
piaa is the #1 light source for most rally car drivers and thats pretty rough stuff.but i sure like phillips price of only $5 bucks compared to $50 for piaa
Ya......50 bucks is just outta my price range for a bulb. Not when i am finding what looks like a good long life bulb.....1500 hours for 5 bucks n it is a H7.:thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it sure doesnt take long for bug splatter to dim your headlights during those warm summer night riding
Warm summer nights.......U must not be living in the North America states......LOL...:facepalm:, or Canada....:nonono: Were not riding bikes right now....:whistling::whistling:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.