Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
They use them on the Spirit of Tasmania, so they must be pretty good!

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
There were about 40 bikes on the boat when we came home from doing the Great Ocean Rd last month. All arrived without incident.

1,465 Posts
Called a canyon dancer. Best way to transport a bike is with them. I have two sets. I do recommend the ones you have pictured. Not the other ones that look similar but have cups that slide over the bar end. If you dont know what i mean just google canyon dancers and you will see one and you will know. They scratch the bar end but they do hold the bike very very well

· Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also thinking I'm gona get a caged trailer to move it. Just not shore about the motorbike trailers. If something goes wrong the bike can't go very far with the caged trailer. Rather than falling off the bike trailer and hitting the road

1,465 Posts
I'm also thinking I'm gona get a caged trailer to move it. Just not shore about the motorbike trailers. If something goes wrong the bike can't go very far with the caged trailer. Rather than falling off the bike trailer and hitting the road
. They are nice to have. Of you get a trailer i recommend the baxley drive in wheel chock. Its a lil pricey but very worth it

1,465 Posts
Not gonna spend a lot of $$$ if I'm only gona use it a couple of times.. I'll just hold the wheels down with tie downs
no to mention it makes doing maintenance easier. Plus why buy a enclosed trailer ? You worried about the bike leaving the trailer. Rare but bikes falling over common Just saying. You can see my bike in the wheel chock here

Attachments

1,465 Posts
Is this chock any good?
that chock is nothing like the baxley chock. It is a non adjustable wheel non compression chock. It does good for transport but mine squeezes the tire when in the lock position and releases it when you back out of it. Look it up before you buy another. But it probably is okay if you just want a wheel chock.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
When I trailer the bike Can I tie down the rear of the motorbike to the wheel or dose it have to be tied to a sturdy piece of metal on the bike?
All depends on what u mean by to the wheel..?

I've always tied my bike down by the frame, but have had the tires in some sort of jig that held the wheels from being able to move sideways....
I also have the tires blocked so they can't roll front or back.
I also never use straps with hooks.
When suspension moves the hooks can come off....
I always used ropes with real knots......:thumb:
But they do sell bike tie downs there days....
I pull the suspension down about half of what it can move....
To much n u can blow front seals n rear shock seals if u hit bad bumps....
:facepalm:
Allow it to move, but not to come untied.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.