Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have ridden in ice/sleet/snow, I have found a tire, through the ADV forum, that will do better than most in the snow...

http://www.moto-amore.com/heidenau/new/productsnew_b.html The K58/59/62...

Now only the amount of snow will stop me... ;D I think more than 4 inches is going to be a problem.. I'll give them a whirl this winter and let you know how they stack up, eh?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
What, no spikes???

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I ride in the snow. I even rode my VFR 800 in ICE .And that is just plain Dumb. But the 250 is so light it has no problem . I mostly ride a scooter when it snows just because . But Ice is the problem and snow hides the ice in devilish way.this is the alley I Had to ride up and down to get into my house. You can see the bike track to the left . A pipe broke going to a house across the alley .

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
No thanks.. 40* feels like it's freezing balls, I'll pass on the snow bit. Although I am planning on taking my bike into town at some point this winter!! :D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
X, that's awesome! I've been looking to build a tire that could not only ride on the ice/snow with grip, but could actually give me enough grip to lean the sucker a reasonable amount...

Max, you guessed it, I think with this tire, that "flat proof coating" on the inside, and some really show sheet metal screws on the inside, I'll have what I want - then I'll get some awesome looks - blasting past cars in the middle of a snowstorm, hell yea!

·
Registered
656 Posts
spooph said:
For those of you who have ridden in ice/sleet/snow, I have found a tire, through the ADV forum, that will do better than most in the snow...

http://www.moto-amore.com/heidenau/new/productsnew_b.html The K58/59/62...

Now only the amount of snow will stop me... ;D I think more than 4 inches is going to be a problem.. I'll give them a whirl this winter and let you know how they stack up, eh?
we got 4inches n an hour in school one day.. they let us go home early it was about -20F it was nuts....

id say stud them hoes for real. better safe then with a snow\ice entrusted ninja sliding down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts