Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im not 30 days from my birthday or anything to get a quote so i change my birthday to 2 months earlier. I then called my existing insurance and got a quote that was 1200 full comp for my 250 when i get it and my license.
I then went to another site and got a quote from there and it was £3035.96 for fully comp!
I then tried another 3 and they were all around the 3K mark.

what the hell??!!?

sorryfor this ramble haah.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
You did not hear this from me ,But if you want to have some fun. go to one of those websites that gives free insurance quote and try to get a hi score.
Se how high you an get a quote.
I put in under 18 years old.
More than 2 points with an accident.
Living at home
no garage
no job and not going to school
never took a MSF course
And want to get a 12000 dollar Yamaha R1 Special addition

20,000 dollars a year was the quote HAHAHA> try to top that.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does it have to be on bikes though? haha

or cars aswell?

ill just go for a busa :p but i have to say im 21 to do that!!
because of how licensing works over here!!!

lmao jester! abitch XD

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Bikes are higher. Maybe try a Porsche or a Lamborghini

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think im swtill gonna fork our like 1.2k for insurance just so i get no claims

better in the long run.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well im 19 with no points on my licence and full coverage was $112 a month for me. But I said if I layed my bike down it would be cheaper just fix it myself then turn it in to insurance. Only reason I would turn something into insurance is if the cost to fix it was over $500. So I just got liability and its $300 a year. ha ha

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh thats what im thinking.

I reckon mine will only be like 600/500 a year when im 18/19 so its worth it :)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
wow dude! my quote when I turned 21 was $550 a year full coverage with 1 million dollars worth of bodily injury. Plus they told me if I did get in an accident they'd more or less pay for a new bike, which is why the insurance went up about $100 from a year ago.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Try as many insurance companies as possible. Don't just do online quotes ring or go to brokers, online quotes just work on straight numbers better to deal with a person.

When I was under 25 and got my ute (500hp) my quotes ranged from 700 to 2500.

Also some companies will reward you for driver/rider education programs that you undertake, so have a look into that.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh ill do that felix :) i think the cheapest im going to get is 1200 because of my age and bike size and how long i would have had my lisence for

·
Registered
874 Posts
my insurance is $200 a year

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luckyyy!! :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ooof, my insurance cost me £690, no idea what that is in dollars any more. Got 6 points but 5 years no claims so. Should be a hell of a lot cheaper next year (fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i only have 1 years no claims but i havnt taken my test yet for the 250 haha.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm 23, been driving since I was 18, but only got my bike licence in December. Got a deal with the insurance company to bang on my no claims from my car, but they won't kick in til next year after a clean year with the bike!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts