Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 2011 ninja 250's guage lights stop working. first i thought it was just the plug so i pushed it together and it worked but it stop again and now even if i push the plug the dont work. the neutral light brights light all that works just not the actuall guages. could this be caused by water, what? any sugestions?
thank you

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hey guys my 2011 ninja 250's guage lights stop working. first i thought it was just the plug so i pushed it together and it worked but it stop again and now even if i push the plug the dont work. the neutral light brights light all that works just not the actuall guages. could this be caused by water, what? any sugestions?
thank you
What plug are you pushing and why would you think the electrical problem is caused by water? do your tail lights work?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Hmm I'd have to go dig out my service manual to be sure... under the seat near the battery normally. Little square block with a cover that clips off?!?

Bit odd that everything else is ok, makes me think a connector is stuffed. I can imagine they put a separate fuse for just the instrument cluster, then again maybe they did.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The gauge lights are wired into the ignition. Try blowing the switch out with a little compressed to make sure there is no moisture in it. Put a little lube on your key and work the switch. If that does not work, you may have blown the bulbs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i pulled the bulbs from the bottom of the guage cluster and their all good, i sprayed the inside of the plugs with eletrical parts cleaner and they still dont work so im off to check the fuses

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Did you check for voltage at the holder before sticking the bulb back in?

When I do electrical problem solving on buildings I find my first 'working' point and then work my way along towards the non working item and the problem 98% of the time presents it self. Now that first working point might be the load side of the fuse, but at least you know you've got power, and fuse is good. Checking power is getting to the item is the 2nd thing to check, if there is, then it's a ground issue or lamp. Check grounding and then test the lamp with a continuity meter or in a holder you know works. If that all tests fine and there IS power at the holder I'm out. If there is no power then work your way back towards the fuse checking and testing connectors for power.

Also sometimes there might be two issues, say a short that has blown a lamp but not a fuse for example. So it's not as simple as just checking one thing.

Good luck :)

Felix

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Never gave a thought to taking it back for warranty? Anything like that I would take it right back!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
found the problem! each of the three gauges have a red wire with a blue stripe and i traced them down and mid harness they go from the 3 wires to one and that connection from kawasaki had come undone, so i reconected it and tada it works again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.