Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Gsxr exhaust mod completed on my Ninja... looks and sounds so badass I can hardly believe it. And I got all the parts for free, including a spare set of stock headers to work with.

Went from this

to THIS

MVI_3030.AVI

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And of course now I am like ... "NOW i have to do this, and this to it.. and it will be so perfect.. "

LOL

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Awesome choice Shady!!! Is it loud enough for you??!!! I have to come up with something for wifey to quiet it down a little for her, as she hates the loudness!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yes. The GSXr pipe is by far my favourite exhaust mod. Lots of the mods sound good, but that pipe looks better than anything else you can put there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet, thanks guys.. glad you like it. I love it !!!

hey - does anyone know if there are well nuts up behind the windscreen bolts? specifically the bottom two.. up under the front cowling??? had a bolt out and can't get it back in right.. any suggestions..

i got my hand up in there (yeah, that's what she said) and got the one side, i found the pieces of well nut up in there.. but can't get the one last bottom bolt..

help?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Shady Lane said:
yeah, that's what she said
Haha!!! You've been on here too long Shady!!!! either that or Virt hasn't been on here for a while and we are all having withdrawrals!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zandit said:
Awesome choice Shady!!! Is it loud enough for you??!!! I have to come up with something for wifey to quiet it down a little for her, as she hates the loudness!
i think it is only slightly louder than the two brothers exhaust was. but yes, I like it loud. And I have learned to creep / clutch it thru the neighborhood to my house so it does not bother the neighbors.. and so far they all still talk me so i guess it's cool.

the only thing my neighbors dont like is that all their kids now want motorcycles. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Shady Lane said:
the only thing my neighbors dont like is that all their kids now want motorcycles. :)
Ahahaha. Love it. Same thing at my work

·
Registered
726 Posts
Is that GSXR exhaust pipe stock, or gutted? How did the pipe diameters differ from stock?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KURT said:
Is that GSXR exhaust pipe stock, or gutted? How did the pipe diameters differ from stock?
gsxr pipe is stock, except that we cut the big bulky muffler part off - but the baffleing is still in there. if that is what you mean

there was about a half inch difference in pipes - so my friend welded the hole on the gsxr exhaust down down down until it fit exactly on the ninja header pipe. then we welded it onto the pipe, so it is more like a full exhaust and not a slip on.

getting the bike jetted next week, it should feel even better then.. :):)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I got mine off Ebay from the States, was only about $30 fom memory, but the freight to Oz was horrendous!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a clue when it comes to mods, And that gsxr mod is nice , wish i had your skills :) I got a 250 ninja 2010, what is the loudest slip on exhaust pipe available? I want to be heard from a few blocks away. Thanks.

G

·
I don't have a clue when it comes to mods, And that gsxr mod is nice , wish i had your skills :) I got a 250 ninja 2010, what is the loudest slip on exhaust pipe available? I want to be heard from a few blocks away. Thanks.
the loudest would be the HotBodies MGP Growler

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
or no muffler at all - Keen, look up "Shervin's exhaust" on google. You'll find an awesome exhaust!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys. I just installed a M4 Carbon Fiber Slip On Muffler, It sounds great on my 250 ninja. It so loud and i like it :dance:

Now I want a light mod kit

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a chance to purchase a gsx R exhaust, im curious to the work behind it, to get it installed. Like what needs to be done to fit it on a 2010 Ninja. Thanks !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts