Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a good turn out. About 30 bikes showed up. Had some ladies represent on a HD, Buell, and a GSXR. I was the only 250. YEAAH!!

The dealer had some free breakfast and some giveaways to people that showed up. Ran into a spot shower for about a mile, other than that it was cloudy and partly sunny.

We lost a Gold Wing and a Honda ST at the very end of the ride up. The ST hit a wet ditch right at the Little Switzerland Inn and the Gold Wing went off the hill about a half mile before the lodge. Everybody was OK and able to walk away with minor injuries. Believe it or not, neither one had on gear.

While everybody got settled, ate and got there second wind, I took off back down the Diamondback and up to the Devil's Staircase, got my picture taken, then went home from there. Total time on the bike 6.5 hours.

YouTube - ‪Hwy 226A aka The Diamondback‬‏

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Looks like you had fun Blue, thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Nice vid ghost! Sorry to hear about the riders going down, glad to hear they're OK. Hope to see more of those vids! How'd you feel after 6.5hrs on the bike?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice vid ghost! Sorry to hear about the riders going down, glad to hear they're OK. Hope to see more of those vids! How'd you feel after 6.5hrs on the bike?
Thanks. I have a few more vids to edit from the Devils Staircase portion of the ride. I should have some pics from Blind Kenny in a day or so as well. I was actually getting ready to film the group coming around the road. I was up on a hill, but I could not get a good shot. As I was moving down the hill, the guy on the ST bit it just below me. He and I were sitting and talking at the breakfast table before we left. I got a pic of his bike after we got it out of the ditch.

I felt Ok after the ride. I still had that rush for a short time afterwards. There was a seam in my riding pants where I was sitting that started giving me a fit though. For me, 6-6.5 hours with short breaks will be my limit (the knees can't take it). If it were not for the adrenaline inducing portion of the ride it may have been shorter. Straight riding on the interstate home was a little boring. The back roads on the way there were better.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.