Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Greetings from Florida

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Flatlander 
#1 ·
Hello to one and all. I've been riding for about four years and have worked in the industry for about seven. I'm a daily, commuting rider. BTW, I am total forum noob. First forum, first post. I've been trolling the site for a while now and I am very impressed with the knowledge base and the politeness of the members here. Anything else that you would like to know, feel free to ask. Big love. -flatlander

#2 ·
What's up Flatlander! Welcome to the NN forum. You picked a really great forum to belong to as everyone on here is friendly and helpful. I've belonged to a few other forums and this one has to be the best by far as there is literally no drama on here.
Great intro by the way but I will say this... Post pics of yer bike. We go crazy for them.
If you have any questions feel free to ask or use the search function for your topic. Cheers!

#4 ·
Welcome flatlander. We are extremely polite ... Unless you Don't post pics. BTW, I did see the pics of your red moto on the floor, mind Sharing?

I almost shed a tear. Such a beautiful bike should never touch the floor like that! Again welcome and enjoy the ride.

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

#5 ·
BlackBoar said:
Hey Flatlander, welcome to NN! That tiny pic in your avatar looks nice. Post more. BIG ones. If you need info on that, just ask, its easy.
Boar, I changed the post settings. Is this version any better? Doesn't look much different to me so... YES, PLEASE. Input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

#10 ·
DONE!

Flatlander. As you've see reading the site, we love pictures around here. In addition to photo albums (like the one you have added) it's great to see members posting pics IN their threads. Especially for tech stuff, or ride reports.

One of the best ways to do that is to use a photo hosting site - like Photobucket, that works really well -on the host site, you "copy" the IMG code assigned to your photo and "paste" it into your thread.

It works great, it's free, and it makes this site better and more fun to use and enjoy. Good luck.
You can also host your photos here on NN in your gallery, and just as you would with photobucket or any other photo hosting service, copy the image location code and past it into your reply....

Also, welcome to NN! :dance:

#7 ·
NefRider said:
Welcome flatlander. We are extremely polite ... Unless you Don't post pics. BTW, I did see the pics of your red moto on the floor, mind Sharing?

I almost shed a tear. Such a beautiful bike should never touch the floor like that! Again welcome and enjoy the ride.

Well, since you asked :)
I was making a right in to a parking lot off of a main drag. The lady who hit me turned right just behind me on to the the same street from an intersection immediately prior. Speed limit on that road is 45 so she was still getting up to speed. I turned, she kept going straight. Clipped the bike just behind my right leg, as best I recall. The bike actually skidded along moving left with me still leaning right, until she finally stopped her car. Then down she went.

She said she saw me but, apparently she missed the bright red light (and I always "pulse" the brake initially) and the flashing amber one on the right. At one point she even told me that i didn't signal. When I stood my baby up and turned her back on, the indicators were STILL FLASHING! The real story for me is that it has been over two months since the accident, over a month and a half since the wreck inspection and her insurance company (she was found at fault) still hasn't ponied up the repair money. My little red ninjette (yes, it sounds just like the Prince song in my head) still bares the battle wounds.

All in all, it could have been much worse. A lot of people around here ride squid. At least it was me and not somebody in shorts, flip flops, tank top and rocking the $500 single sided frame slider.

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

#8 ·
Thanks for sharing. I do value the stories behind the wrecks because it tells me, "be careful out there. And it could happen to you"

Glad you weren't riding squid and you are up on two legs. Take care and keep us posted on your progress into getting your Little Red Ninjette up and running.

#9 ·
Flatlander. As you've see reading the site, we love pictures around here. In addition to photo albums (like the one you have added) it's great to see members posting pics IN their threads. Especially for tech stuff, or ride reports.

One of the best ways to do that is to use a photo hosting site - like Photobucket, that works really well -on the host site, you "copy" the IMG code assigned to your photo and "paste" it into your thread.

It works great, it's free, and it makes this site better and more fun to use and enjoy. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.