Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried to interchange parts from the 2000 - 2002 canadian zzr-250? namely the front wheel and for forks( for dual front disc brakes) or the tcbi ignition? im not sure how well this setup performs but according to wikipedia it was good for 39 or so hp. i know wikipedia cant always be trusted but i was hoping someone on here has experience with these paticular bikes. would be nice to have some cost effective plug and play options that could easily be found.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as soon as i can find a darn job i will. i want the dual disc for looks but there may be some valving differences that could be for the better. as far as the ignition i still want the brt tis however it may be used for some spec class racing.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
has anyone tried to interchange parts from the 2000 - 2002 canadian zzr-250? namely the front wheel and for forks( for dual front disc brakes) or the tcbi ignition? im not sure how well this setup performs but according to wikipedia it was good for 39 or so hp. i know wikipedia cant always be trusted but i was hoping someone on here has experience with these particular bikes. would be nice to have some cost effective plug and play options that could easily be found.

I think you may be looking at two totally different bikes. The ZXR 250 has dual front disc brakes (w/ 18" wheels) with inverted forks and is a inline 4 cylinder.
The ZZR 250 has the 3 spoke rims and single disc brake.
You would have to do a fork and triple tree swap as the axles and tire sizes are different. Also The BRT/TIS is designed for the 2008+ models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah ive seen the 4cyl 250. what do they have... a 19,000 rpm redline? another example of how the brits get all the cool shit. here what im referring too... still may be wrong tho.

EX250-H - This model came to Canada as the Ninja 250R between 2000 and 2002, after which it received a new name: ZZR-250, in line with the -H model's name elsewhere in the world, where it had existed since 1992. This motorcycle has few parts in common with the -F model, though it shares the same engine, albeit with different casings. It sports a lateral aluminum frame, a different fairing (designed to make it look sportier), larger 17-inch wheels, an adjustable rear shock absorber, adjustable brake and clutch levers, a smaller drive sprocket, computer-controlled timing advance, and a revised electrical system.[citation needed].

did the canadians get the four cylinder model? if they did i might have to schedule a road trip!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.