Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$109 less $25 for paying early... even thought thats just $84 its still 7 hours of work.... anyway dont ride over a double yellow line by one foot to get into a turn lane... just wait the five lights so you can legally turn into the turn lane.... otherwise you, just like me might have an officer of the law jump out in front of you and yell AIH GET OVER NYA!! He just popped out of nowhere...... moral of the short paragraph is not to cross a double yellow line............... being a Learner I should know better but I was in a rush to get my new exhaust system, which I wasnt able to get due to being pulled over....

Have a nice day!/night!/afternoon!/evening!/morning!/inbetween either of those! (not in appropriate order)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Congrats man, and good going on paying it early, they really appreciate that. I remember I got a ticket because my brake lights went out (fuse) and this newb copper gave me an $80 ticket, I went the next morning to pay it and the lady at the desk ripped it up. She told me she had the same cop give the same ticket 4 times over just that day ahaha. What an ass lol.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Still no ticket for me.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
spooph said:
Warrior, welcome to the hooligan group! At least the hooligans that have gotten caught. :p
i havnt been caught you ;) *touch wood*

saying that i cant really get caught...if i get 6 points on my licence in the first 2 years i have to retake my test and everything!!

thats could be 2 silly speed camera mistakes and no licence for mee :O

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i usually stick to the speed limit.. but when i see a bunch of cars passing me like crazy.. i say f*@# it!! i pass them all then slow down to the speed limit again.. ;) i love mi ninja.. show no mercy

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I just got another ticket yesterday.... "improper passing". So the story goes, it's Friday, just got done with an intense day, and I'm jammin' out to music on the way home, passing cars left and right, some in tight spaces, some not so much...

Well, I see this big black, BRAND NEW suburban... I check for the normal - antennas, hidden lights in the rear window, but DAMN, those windows are black - I can't see anything inside it... Figure it's just some tool in his suburban, but I don't see any high dollar wheels... OH well.... So I pass him... Well, it turns out my assumption was absolutely correct. The only part that I hadn't assumed, was that that tool had A LOT of authority. Next I know flashy lights all over my @ss. I speed through traffic with the sheriff following me, turn on my turn signal and wave my left hand, pointing to a side street off the highway. I guess he thought I was gonna run, cause he was RIGHT ON MY BACK TIRE!

So I pull over all nice and easy and yank off my helmet and out with the earbuds before he approaches me. As I get off the bike he says: "that was really stupid" in a very dry, non-confrontational tone. I just nod. He's absolutely right. If you're gonna be stupid, make sure there are no authorities around to witness it...

Turns out he's the elected sheriff of our county, and he's been doing this a long time. He was cool, it was just a business deal as usual. When he turned to walk away after giving me my ticket, as usual, I stretched out my hand, smiled, and said "good doing business with ya"... He didn't like that much. Just sat in his SUV waiting for me to leave. Tried to follow me out, but I was out and into traffic before he could try and keep an eye on me - all legal this time.

Now, I don't dislike cops, as people. They're find people, and they're just doing a job. I just despise the fact that they have to enforce a law designed for LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR (ie - people eating cereal and reading newspapers on the way to work, cell phone users, older and younger in-experienced drivers. You know, the types that cause people to die). Why, in the country with the biggest, most powerful cars and the widest lanes, do we have to suffer under the lowest speed limits because of a lack of personal responsibility? Why can't we up our requirements for a drivers license, up the driving age and up the speed limits. If the speed limits were significantly faster, some people would be too scared to drive, other's would wreck and be off the roads for good, and the rest could then quickly get where they need to go and not waste so much time....

Yes, there are many flaws in this argument, I meant it more for entertainment than an actual debate... ;)

·
4,853 Posts
I got a ticket last night (article in off topic thread) going 75 in a 60 $150 ticket, paid it this morning, no points off license just a good slap on the wrist. The cop was an ass but I didnt mind too much. I had to get home quick to rush my ferret to the vet so its justified.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Going 80 on the highway.. A black suv goes from the 1st lane across to the 4th lane where I was at.. I had to slow down or else he would of hit me on the side... at first I was like look at this idiot... I look closely and sure enought it was a cop he speed up and pull someone over.. I guess I got lucky there he did not see me or else I would of been the one with the ticket.

·
4,853 Posts
I hate SUV's, is there any point to them? Everyone who owns them thinks they have a sports car and an extra license to be an asshole. I had one pull right up next to me, roll down the windows and rev his wopping 200hp like it was a scene in the movies. I didnt bother, let the asshole have his 5 second ego trip and waste $10 worth of fuel.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
haha what a genious!! im going ot guess you were in your supra at that point? so it would have been quite silly to race you..

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
UPDATE: Mr. Sheriff called me today (oh $hit, right???), Nah. He forgot to sign the ticket so he's letting me off, giving me a free-bee. I was thoroughly thankful and ingratiated, and because he screwed up (showing me he's human), and let me off because of it, I've made a renewed effort to abide by the traffic laws in this area, in town, while people are around.... So, I won't be playing in traffic for a while...

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
haha that was lucky! yeh its good thing that its shows they are all human and not a$$holes

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
score!! the coppers are doing a great job around here of being undercover. The cars are getting plainer and plainer.

on the other hand. Not undercover.
TR just got snagged by a state trooper last month :( first tix since 83. getting a ticket going to work is just not fair.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts