Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup! Only the second day and already $250 gone to waste!!! Turns out I went to the wrong address and showed up at the correct parking lot 40 mins late!!!!! I never received a "second piece of paper that said the address all mine said was "parking lot"!??? They still wouldn't refund me or reschedule me now iam home trying to teach myself

Attachments

· Registered
207 Posts
Dude that sucks. I could only image the frustration your feeling. I would recommend getting a friend who rides help you out by doing some parking lot maneuvers. If you got your state DMV safety and instructional booklet that will help you learn the laws and safety pointers. You can get your permit and ride with your friend until your ready to get your license. Is there any place in your area that offers an MSF course?

· Registered
176 Posts
Only $400 in Ottawa FHG!

That sux Joey. Did you try escalating it to someone higher up? Sometimes if you get the right person to listen it can clear these things up. I called in May to book my safety course in August. Some friendly chat got me to the top of the waiting list and I ended up getting a spot in the last week of May!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me about it! Iam pretty sure that was the msf course but I seriously don't wanna pay another 250 and end up at at another parking lot! I've looked into the refunds and rescheduling but they are really dicks when it comes to being late!! I've tried escalating it but we just keep arguing in circles!!! Their excuse was "everyone else didn't have a problem showing up!??" and all the instructor said to me "boss we are already 40 mins into class can't let you in" AHGHHH!! Those sentences have been haunting me since yesterday!! How long would it take for me to learn on my own??? I know I wouldn't be the first or last to attempt it

Attachments

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Here in NYS it's 275 for the MSF course.

I believe you can pick up on riding fairly quickly if you can coordinate the clutch/shift. You'd get a head start in the class but you can get the information other ways. This will probably add a little time while you learn to ride but it can and has been done.

Keep your head up, if you want to ride you will get there.

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Hrm, tough situations. It's not difficult to learn to ride a bike. It's not difficult to be safe on the streets. However, teaching yourself, you don't get a whole lot of the last part - the panic braking, swerving, avoiding obstacles and such... Hrm, I would maybe contact MSF directly. If they didn't send you another piece of mail stating the location had changed, they should at least give you 50% off.... Was it an email distribution list? Like I said, tough place to be. You kinda feel like an asshole, and can't really fix it, but you're not sure if the other guy isn't also being an asshole....

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should i just pay another 250 and reschedule!??!!?? I've been trying all day on my own but MAN THESE NEIGHBORS!!!!!! They won't stop staring and iam pretty sure all there saying is "man he has noo idea what he's doing!! Lol!" i think the noise is what's really bugging them though hahaha!

· Registered
732 Posts
I taught myself. It's not hard learning to ride but getting a full endorsement to ride has to come from a msf course around here.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to learn a bit then take the course later. This will ensure you passing the tests.

1-Quick Stop
2-Swerve
3-turn/curve
4-tight figure 8

Spooph mention maybe contacting MSf organization see if they can do something. Anything off is better than nothing.

· Registered
5,699 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
cassandraj said:
maybe a more vacant lot?

i'd keep at it with the refund. that sucks. not your fault, missing piece of mail seems like a usps issue.
+1 in that last note: keep us in the loop on your progress.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
spooph said:
good man. I know it sucks, but in the end, it will be good. :) I bet this time you're gonna know exactly where the class is, and show up like 30 min early, huh? :p
+1 squared to that! We are proud of you.. It definitely shows your mature attitude toward learning and wanting to ride the long term. Kelp us posted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.