Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just ordered my xmas pressie...

A GoPro Hero HD Motorsports Camera!

For those who haven't read about the NEW HD cam, here are the specs.

Tech Specs:

Camera Optics
Lens Type: Fixed Focus (2ft/.6m – ∞), glass
Aperture: f/2.8 (high performance in low-light situations)
Angle of View: 170º ultra wide angle in WVGA, 720p, or 960p mode
Angle of View: 127º wide angle in 1080p mode

Video
HD Video Resolution Modes: (subject to change, pending final firmware release)
1080p = 1920x1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
960p = 1280x960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
WVGA = 848x480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
Sensor Type: 1/2.5" HD CMOS, 2.2µm-sized pixels
Light Sensitivity: Super low-light sensitivity (>1.4 V/lux-sec)
Video Format: H.264 compression, saved as Windows- & Mac-compatible MPEG4 (.mp4) file
Exposure Control: Auto with user selectable center weighted average and spot metering settings
White Balance: Auto

Audio
Microphone: Built-in, mono with AGC (automatic gain control)
Audio Format: 48 kHz, AAC audio compression

Photo
Resolution: 5 megapixel
Capture Modes: Single shot, photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 secs.; 3 photo burst; self-timer

Storage
Memory: SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
Average recording times (using 32GB SD card):
1080p (30 fps): 4h 21m
960p (30 fps): 5h 26m
720p (60 fps): 4h 21
720p (30 fps): 8h 09m
WVGA (60 fps): 8h 09m

Camera Connectors & Cables
PC Connection: USB 2.0 (data connection and battery charging)
HDTV Out: HD NTSC & PAL (component cable incl.)
Audio Out: Combo 2.5mm jack with stereo audio and composite video out
PC Compatibility: Windows® XP (Service Pack 2 or later) or Vista; Mac OS® X 10.4.11 and later

Power & Battery
Battery Type: Rechargeable 1100 mAh lithium-ion
Battery Life: Approx. 2.5 hrs
Charging: via USB to computer or optional power adapter
Charge Time: 80% capacity after 1 hour with optional power adapter; or 2 hours with a computer’s USB port

Waterproof Camera Housing
Depth Rating: Up to 180 feet / 60 meters
Construction: Polycarbonate and stainless steel
Hardware: Stainless steel

Size & Weight
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6” x 2.4” x 1.2” (42mm x 60mm x 30mm)
Weight: 3.3oz (94g) incl. battery, 5.9oz (167g) incl. housing
I also bought these two mounts, one for mounting on frame slider, and one for wing mirror bar etc. Similar mounts, one for small bars one for larger bars.

Also looking at getting a LCD Bakpac for on-camera preview and playback. They haven't produced these yet. Will do a full review once I receive the gear. I have two 4gb high speed cards that I use for my other camera, that will do great in this to. When I head on my trip to the US I'll be having this hardwired onto the bike, with a couple of 32gb cards so I can get some travel footage. At WVGA (60 fps) I can get 8hrs of recording time.

GoPro HD Motorsports HERO: Formula Car Clip

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Felix said:
Yeah amazing quality video...

Which means its not cheap, but I figure, better to spend a little bit more and be well happy with what I get rather than skimp out.

Camera is 299 mounts were 20 and 30, shipping 50.

Felix
I'm so excited! post pics. lol and a video. Ive been drooling over this camera

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

im jelous, i want one of these..

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hey Felix, I just picked up a Casio Exilim for $89.99 from Walmart! That will be my main camera on the trip, and for this new polar vlogging I'll be doing (I'm half ready to shoot myself...) :p

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
SO I returned the Exilim. Great little camera, but it has a protruding lense, which doesn't work so hot in the helmet. Exchanged it for a Finepix, which isn't work as I want it either.. I might just buy an older normal lense Gopro... The wide is nice, but it gets old after a while... SO we will be all kinds of setup Felix.. Lots of cams and options! I would really like to compare the HD with the regular gopro, through youtube and then on a screen...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah well the biggest things for me once I get the cam, is going to be software, ie. I want to find something brilliant and fast for processing... and hosting ie. youtube, smugmug, photobucket, vimeo, atomuploads, blip.tv, brightcove, clipshack, crackle, dailymotion, flick life, flukiest, flurl, gofish, jumpcut, kewego, livedigital, livevideo, myubo, revver, selfcasttv, soapbox, spike, stage6, tubearoo, uberme, Uvouch, viddler, videoegg, vidilife....

Not many to test.

Felix

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
and if you do a video for each of those that means we will have lots of vids to keep us entertained :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
you watch, it will go soooooooooooo slow now!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it's here!!!

I was told it would ship the week of the 7th, left Dec 8, 2009 7:45 PM... arrived, Dec 15, 2009 11:32 AM at my door!

Poor internal packing. Glad it's shockproof :D

This mount is for my wing mirror bar or handle bar.

This one will be going on my shock or my crash knob.

Lots of bits.

So tiny! So tiny, can not believe it.

The suction cup is insane, I believe what they say about it being rated to 200mph! I picked the chair up with it.

So I have a total of 8 mounts, 3 removable, and 5 permanent. It has been forecast to rain here for the last week... but nothing until today, poured down. So no run up the mini-mountain :( I took a couple of pics and a small video... looks sweet, 5mp pics are crisp and clear, video seemed smooth and clear to.

Tomorrow, I'll test out three mounts and have a look at where to use the sticky mounts. Nothing flash video wise, just a run around the mountain and few different angles.

An improvement on this last video and I'll be happy!

Camera mount bike test.

More tomorrow :D

Felix

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
thats wicked cant wait to see the vids XD

1 - 20 of 104 Posts