Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my very loved 07 650R for an even more loved 09 Yamaha R6S. I was looking for something new and this deal came in at a greatly reduced price fresh off the showroom floor. I have to say its everything I was hoping for and more. Not sure if this disqualifies me from being a member of the forum or not. Maybe I'll just lurk around in the background ;D

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice bike. Black and gold, my favourite colour combo :)

So that's the previous generation R6 but Yamaha still sell it as the R6S?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Noooo!!!! Why sell the 650R?? Yeah, ok, it may have more power, better brakes, better rubber, better looking, more power.....Did I mention the power?

But thats no excuse for getting rid of the 650R! No excuse at all!!! :p

BTW, that looks like a cannon coming out of the other side of the bike! Is that the exhaust??!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Noooo!!!! Why sell the 650R?? Yeah, ok, it may have more power, better brakes, better rubber, better looking, more power.....Did I mention the power?
And better handling (due to better suspension (fully adjustable), better rubber, better frame construction and geometry, riding position etc)

But thats no excuse for getting rid of the 650R! No excuse at all!!! :p
Yeah I struggled with the decision at first. The 650 was my first sport bike and I really liked it.
BTW, that looks like a cannon coming out of the other side of the bike! Is that the exhaust??!!!
Ah, you noticed. Yeah, it's a bit on the large size. It has the catalytic converter inside. I think one of the first mods I'll do is a put a cf can on. Black on black should look real badass.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pictures of that R6s remind me of R6S_2NR...Man, I have been gone for so long I dont know where to go haha
P.S. Nice bike man, ;)
For the exhaust, look for R6S_2NR's exhaust pics. His exhaust was as good sounding as it was looking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pictures of that R6s remind me of R6S_2NR...Man, I have been gone for so long I dont know where to go haha
P.S. Nice bike man, ;)
For the exhaust, look for R6S_2NR's exhaust pics. His exhaust was as good sounding as it was looking.
Thanks for the thumbs-up. I tried looking for a thread to find the pics without any success. Can you send me the link (if it's too much trouble, I'll pm R6S_2NR)?

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can try to PM him, it probably wont work haha. I'm not sure if he even is alive anymore. It was a new R6 exhaust fabbed up to fit. You can probably find one rather cheap on Ebay due to people buying new exhausts and seeling their old ones.

PS-Found it! I was wrong, he cut his original pipe, but I am pretty sure at some point he used the regular R6 exhaust.
http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/i-got-a-exhaust-4128.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.