Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those people that live on their motorcycles and need more storage & considering a top box.

I found some people in Thailand with the only GIVI top box mount. This is my reply back.

Hi,
Thank you for your E-mail.
Currently we have the stock for Heavyduty Monorack (HR-4) for Ninja 250 as
the attached picture. Price USD 140
The Shipping Via Air Services (EMS Service) is USD 250

Total charge is USD 390

Regards,
Thitinan (Alvin) Sirisithichoke

=============================
THAI MOTOR BOX
24 SOI TAKSIN 22, TAKSIN ROAD, BOOKKALO,
THONBURI, BANGKOK 10600, THAILAND.

TEL: +66 2 863 1232
FAX: +66 2 438 7818
MOBILE: +66 8 9892 5654

E-MAIL: [email protected], [email protected]

Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 12:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2009 ninja 250

Hello I’m looking for a top box mount for a 2009 ninja 250. I have been all over the place and you look like you have the only one. Can I get a quote please?

Thanks
San Diego, California

Now 390 is too steep for me. 140 is doable but not the 250 for shipment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can fill that thing full as long as i don't put bricks in it. My wife got me the GIVI case for Christmas. It's a E-450. And the rack is made out of 1/2" cold rolled steel.

It didn't affect how the bike handles but it does feel more solid when i put some weight in it tho. It's kinda like having a passenger but not as heavy.

I don't have plans on another Iron Butt ride right away. I want to do is add a 5 Gal fuel cell so i don't have to stop till the 350 mile limit. the fuel cell will probably just strap to the hooks below the passenger seat. We'll see how that goes :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
thats really expensive. ok givi dont do one for it. but it might have been cheaper if youd have got a universal Givi one and made your own bracket.

whats the quality like for it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the pictures wouldn't be of much. It's just a bar that has a nut welded so the bolt goes through the center of the bar. it's surprisingly simple. when the seat is off you see 4 alan bolts that hold the hooks & i ran long bolts through the FWD holes.

The steel rusted a little bit but it's not too bad. I like it. I think i might be adding more to the mount for side bags and maybe something to help with the mount on the passenger seat for the 5 gal fuel cell i have coming. It will extend my range to the iron butt rider limit of 350 miles between fill ups. I have a new (backup) gps & mount on the way. It's a tomtom... somewhere i heard they have like 2 million more miles :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A guy on a newer black v-rod with 6" bar raisers asked how i liked my trunk. I said i like it b/c it's a trunk for your motorcycle. I can put all of my motorcycle gear in it. my back protector and my jacket fit in there while my gloves & helmet go under the seat of the bike. He said he likes his bike but there is no room for anything. So he got a tank bag system that has one bag zipping on top of the other and it just looks like he has a lot going on. It's nice to throw everything in there and take off! I love riding with nothing on me! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.