Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those people that live on their motorcycles and need more storage & considering a top box.

I found some people in Thailand with the only GIVI top box mount. This is my reply back.

Hi,
Thank you for your E-mail.
Currently we have the stock for Heavyduty Monorack (HR-4) for Ninja 250 as
the attached picture. Price USD 140
The Shipping Via Air Services (EMS Service) is USD 250

Total charge is USD 390

Regards,
Thitinan (Alvin) Sirisithichoke

=============================
THAI MOTOR BOX
24 SOI TAKSIN 22, TAKSIN ROAD, BOOKKALO,
THONBURI, BANGKOK 10600, THAILAND.

TEL: +66 2 863 1232
FAX: +66 2 438 7818
MOBILE: +66 8 9892 5654

E-MAIL: [email protected], [email protected]

Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 12:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2009 ninja 250

Hello I’m looking for a top box mount for a 2009 ninja 250. I have been all over the place and you look like you have the only one. Can I get a quote please?

Thanks
San Diego, California

Now 390 is too steep for me. 140 is doable but not the 250 for shipment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got it done!

Hey! My father-in-law and i took about two evenings to get it all bent and welded together. There are 14 welds and 2 bends. It attaches under the seat to the 6mm bold that holds the tie down hooks in place. I'm so glad it's done. I can throw my leg over like nothing is there!

Nate Gaulke's Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
How much weight can you put in it? How does the bike handle?
Did you put it back that far so that you could put other stuff on the rear seat when you do the Iron Butt?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can fill that thing full as long as i don't put bricks in it. My wife got me the GIVI case for Christmas. It's a E-450. And the rack is made out of 1/2" cold rolled steel.

It didn't affect how the bike handles but it does feel more solid when i put some weight in it tho. It's kinda like having a passenger but not as heavy.

I don't have plans on another Iron Butt ride right away. I want to do is add a 5 Gal fuel cell so i don't have to stop till the 350 mile limit. the fuel cell will probably just strap to the hooks below the passenger seat. We'll see how that goes :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
thats really expensive. ok givi dont do one for it. but it might have been cheaper if youd have got a universal Givi one and made your own bracket.

whats the quality like for it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the pictures wouldn't be of much. It's just a bar that has a nut welded so the bolt goes through the center of the bar. it's surprisingly simple. when the seat is off you see 4 alan bolts that hold the hooks & i ran long bolts through the FWD holes.

The steel rusted a little bit but it's not too bad. I like it. I think i might be adding more to the mount for side bags and maybe something to help with the mount on the passenger seat for the 5 gal fuel cell i have coming. It will extend my range to the iron butt rider limit of 350 miles between fill ups. I have a new (backup) gps & mount on the way. It's a tomtom... somewhere i heard they have like 2 million more miles :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A guy on a newer black v-rod with 6" bar raisers asked how i liked my trunk. I said i like it b/c it's a trunk for your motorcycle. I can put all of my motorcycle gear in it. my back protector and my jacket fit in there while my gloves & helmet go under the seat of the bike. He said he likes his bike but there is no room for anything. So he got a tank bag system that has one bag zipping on top of the other and it just looks like he has a lot going on. It's nice to throw everything in there and take off! I love riding with nothing on me! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts