Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a ZX6R from my 08 250r. Need some help!!
if i lowered the zx6 with 4" lowering links (which i know isn't recommended) and lower the stock suspension (which i don't know if it's possible yet cause i haven't seen it up close) and shave the seat down as much as i can will i be able to ride it? I'm only 5'1" =s
then after i get more money should i lower the front, raise the handle bars and all that other lowering works or will that just be a waste of money?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Re: Faster in Three Ways: Needs Opinions

It'd be sooo much cheaper just to buy a bigger bike. It's not worth it just buy a bigger bike.

G

·

All three choices are too expensive IMO. I suggest selling your present bike. Find and buy faster bigger bike. You get quicker results and much better reliability. And way cheaper. Much less chance for frustration and headache. ;)
Sleepy

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

It's not just always about 'buying another bike' it can be just about making what you have unique.

If your keen to do something different, break the mold, and have the money go for it. Anyone can buy a quick bike, much better to 'make' one.

I reckon out of those choices, and the one I would do... blow through carbi fed turbo.

I'd do it right now if I had the money.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
646 Posts

Regardless too all that.. I'm not sure how much quicker the 250R engine can be made.. With the turbo and what not you might get an extra 20km/h our of it and a faster acceleration.. But lets not forget the inescapable fact... It's a 250 folks. Thats why you bought it in the first place remember?

If you were expecting ball tearing speed and paint stripping acceleration from that your retarded. :p

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts

Hey now, I'm not trying to discourage the guy. A 250R turbo would be freaking cool who am I kidding? But I'm not going to fill him with false hope.

If he's completely unsatisfied with the 250R it doesn't matter how much work he does to it, It won't be long if not right after the novelty wears off that he's sick of it again. :p

I just think it sounds like what he needs to do is buy a ZX6R, 07 preferably. Sit on that for a week or two, then turbo that etc.

Satisfaction guaranteed. :p

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts

Not being a dick or anything but it all sounds like an epic fail waiting to happen, haha just buy a new bike bro. Go sit on a few, even try different brands and see which one is more comfortable with the speed you have in mind. Also, with a bigger engine you'd need bigger breaks, probably a different transmission right? And kinds of syncing of the hardware. You'd get all that and never have to dick with the mechanics and "what ifs" with a new bike. Just have to get used to the new source of power and a more heavy/bulkier bike.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

Jeez, what a bunch of downers. Watch the flaming.

Like I said, it can also be fun to work with what you have, also 250cc class competition. There is a 250cc Turbo rider on here who runs at Maxton from memory. The total potential of a vehicle rarely gets tested, I love the fact you can push your vehicle until its got nothing to give.

If you can do the work yourself, its really not that complicated. Plus to be able to say your bike gave its all for the pursuit of speed is pretty cool.

Felix

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts

A while back Turblown said he had the perfect turbo for the 250, you might wanna try to contact him and see what thats about. Hell I'd like to see that thing too. Sorry if I was a negative nancy.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

I am a little on both sides here. I would think it would be cool to take a bruised ninja and make it turbo and naked and be as wild as you want with it... but to change one in such an extreme way that is ( I am assuming) in good condition is kind of a nutty. I say sell the good one and rebuild one to your liking. I applaud your ingenuity for sure and you just might end up with something we all wished we had.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

I really like the idea... I'd love to see someone go through with it... say someone with a nice workshop, website, skills, friend who has a dyno, lives in AZ... *cough*Red*cough*

Then make it a kit, and I'll be your Aussie re-seller, and i'll have the free one you send me installed on my bike :p

Felix

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

I think rockets . mount lots around the back. It will make you go very fast

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

The specs are 121 mph Maybe 50 hp and at least 30 grand in fuel injection.The bike loads Ice into the fuel tank to run icewater through the inter cooler and holds 8oz of gas to run 8 miles at Bonneville. Just get a 600. A 250 will never match its speed. All 600 s make at least 60 hp . They have a better frame and fork and brakes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts