Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question, I'm somewhat of an oddity when it comes to how I'm built. I'm 5'10", 150lbs with REALLY long legs and arms for my height. It makes it very difficult to buy clothes that fit properly.

I'm finding this to be the case with my gear, mainly the jacket. I'm currently wearing a Scorpion Cool Rod textile jacket in medium. I have too much room in the chest, and not enough length in the arms.

I was looking at possibly getting an Icon Hooligan (in green to match the bike) because I like the stretch panels in the shoulders and elbows. Problem is that a small fits good in the chest and body, but not in the arms, medium fits about the same as what I currently have. And the large, well as you would expect is good in the arms, but I swim in it everywhere else.

Am I stuck with this fitment or is there a company out there that understands that not all "small" guys have the same length arms?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I think Spooph knows of a company that can custom fit leathers, but that may only be racing leathers too. Not sure if they can help you, or even point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I ran across a place the other day that would custom fit their leather racing jacket to your measurements. I'm sure they do other gear too. I'm sure custom means costs extra.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
insanit! I get your pain bro!! 5'11" tall, 6'5" arm span, and 34" inseam.. Yes, I'm a monkey... :D This is the biggest reason I NEVER order clothes online...

get ready to spend some monies! Arlen Ness is pretty good about their long/tall fittings. Dianese is pretty good about that as well. Most European brands are cut for normal sized people, not these American weirdos... :D

Also, Schott NYC and Belstaff make some good stuff - not your typical sportbike gear, but gear that will fit none the less...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it looks like I have plenty of time to look for gear now. Everything I was looking at is discontinued ac'd sold out in the sizes I need. Two years ago, I would have matched the bikes colors with ease, not this year tho...what happened to all the green?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up going with an ICON Hooligan Threshold mesh jacket. And actually was able to get it in a size small (yeah yeah) and it fits GREAT. Perfect fitment in the chest and shoulders, and the sleeves are a good 2-3" longer than the scorpion in medium. It's also a great summer/fall jacket. Take the liner out and it flows so much air. Feels like you're wearing a t-shirt. Put the liner back in and you are comfortable down into the 60's with just a t-shirt. Anything colder would require some more layers, but all in all its a great jacket. unfortunately it doesn't match the new bike lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.