Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped the bike in the garage and bent the left gear shift lever is too close for comforrt to the gear shift actuator rod. How hard is it too replace the piece?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Take it off. Remember the position it was in. Find a block of wood and a 2 lb correction tool. Use a little finese and bend it back. The metal is kind of soft, so it can be bent easily. A table vise works well too.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Razorback said:
I agree I also dropped mine and did same thing. I was able to take a pair of chanel locks and bend mine back out on the bike.
I dont recomend anyone do this! while you may have got away with it this time, dont do it again!

you can seriously mess up the shaft on the tranny!

always remove to straighten!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Crushed, although you're right, I can't tell you how many bikes I've done this on, just grab the shift lever, and pull it out, and haven't gotten a crank shaft seal yet. So yes, it would be smart to remove and straighten, but if you consider yourself less than smart, just yank on it, like I do. :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe taking a risk is what we do every time we get on a bike. Yes I was looking for a quick and inexpensive fix due to inability to work on bike myself.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
crushed, you're not gonna take advantage of my innuendo? I so strategically placed it there just so you can use it, eh?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
imwith felix... get some pazzo's!! but then dont drop your bike again or youll cry chuz they are £140 a set :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts