Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys know ive been inactive for a while but i just want to make sure people wear gear as it saved my life

Here is my story... Traveling 60-70kmph in the right lane, a lady suddenly swerves into my lane without indicating, left with no space and about 20m before i hit her car head on, i lowsided and slid until i ended up under her rear bumper, the bike is pretty much written off it ended up infront of her car somehow, all i remember from the accident is hitting the ground and then ending up under her bumper, what i do know is my gloves are wrecked, my draggin jeans saved my ass and legs and my jacket is torn to bits but somehow no damage to me. only injuries i have is a possibly fractured right wrist and some kevlar rash on my left leg accompanied by a impact bruise. Everyone who saw the accident told me to go buy a lotto ticket because i shouldnt be alive. Wearing gear saved my life :D

Be safe, Ride Safe and wear gear..

G

·
I saw quite a few gixxer riders in my area today, being 40 degrees they all DID have jeans on but t-shirts .. would hurt coming off
Glad you're okay mate! Did you end up finding out why the hell the woman was driving like a lunatic?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Geez what a story man. I'm glad you're okay and hope your wrist heals quickly. I remember when you got that bike so that really sucks. Is that crazy chick being sued for your damages? What'd the cops tell her?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gona be taking picks of the bike today, and i think she will be charged with neg driving. they never tell u how much kevlar rash burns :p but at least i have all my limbs and skin

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dude sorry to hear that but I'm really glad to hear that you're not seriously hurt. Keep us updated on your recovery. Do you plan to continue riding?

Hopefully you'll get what you deserve from the woman in terms of settlement. Best of luck to you with everything.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah man, Pics!

Thanks for sharing your story.

I was riding home from work tonight in my work pants doing 140 in the rain and I think i hit a puddle, My bike fish tailed and I was only just able to bring it back in after fish tailing for about 150 meters. Needless to say the rest of the ride home was 80km/h and next time I'm wearing my kevlars to work, Fuck what corporate says about it.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Wow dude, does the bike fishtail easily?

And I doubt they'll give you hell considering they need you alive more than dead. Glad to see you're okay bro.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm going to start riding to work with a backpack with my workpants in it.

And the road surface looked pretty slick, Seeing as its a highway and we've had a week of 40 degree days to soften and slicken the road surface. So that combined with rain and hitting a puddle line in the right wheel groove of cars where I always position myself I found myself fish tailing at 140.
So I suppose, No the Ninja dosn't really fish tail easily... But when it does.. Oh fuck.. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts