Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,480 Posts
...When I shift it some times does not shift into the next gear and feel that it's a weak foot that is causing this. However, it feels if I have to move my whole leg and not just my foot to upshift. Is there a way that I can move the stock shifter so that it is easier to shift and no miss shift.
When shifting up or down, you have to left off of the shift lever a lil' bit after the shift. So shift up, relax the ankle, let the lever naturally drop back down, shift up again. Same thing going down, makes things a lot smoother.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Once the bike is started with the choke fully on, try to slowly get it down to about 2k. If it is real cold it may take a minute or two. Let it idle there until the rpms start to rise (rising rpms is an indication the engine is warming). You can keep it at 2k until you are ready to ride. If you can keep the bike running at 2k you will notice that the choke is almost off. You should be ok to ride a mile or two before taking the choke completely off. When the bike is completely warm it should idle at about 1300-1350 rpm. (1500 rpms in cold weather won't hurt.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.