Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,699 Posts
See if this helps: YouTube - Kawasaki Ninja 250 Foot Pedal Adjustments

And what is the average temperature in the morning when you start the bike? How long do you let the bike run to warm up before getting on it and going?

Congrats on the purchase BTW, throw up some pics of you and the bike, eh? Welcome to the riding family!

· Registered
5,699 Posts
I second what Ghost said but I have a SLIGHTLY different way of warming up my bike.... let the bike idle on choke until the revs spontaneous increase. Then back the choke off till you're at around 1,500rpm's again. The choke probably won't be out all the way. Let it idle some more until the revs rise again and take out more choke to keep the bike idling at 1,500rpm's... Once it's idling at 1,500rpm's without the choke, it's warm enough to ride. This takes me about 12 minutes in 32F. Less the warmer it gets. At about 60F I don't need to do this at all....

YES, you CAN ride the bike before it's completely warm, but I wouldn't ride it until after the first rise in rpm's with the choke on, just because the throttle is less predictable before that point, and it's very boggy.

Immediately riding a cold bike is kind of like having somebody wake you up from a deep sleep and sitting you down to do algebra with a gun to your head. You just don't want to do it, but you strain otherwise you'll die.... The bike feels the same way. I slowly rolll out of bed, go to the bathroom, and have a cup of coffee before I'm even conscious in the mornings. I let my bike thoroughly slurp it's oil and warm it from within before I take it anywhere in the cold....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.