Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Jester said:
you basically take apart the gas tank "door" and re-drill through the existing vent holes that aren't big enough.

i think.

search here, and if you can't find it, its gotta be on kawiforums.
WHAT SEARCH? ping back a page and there it is, thanks to felix for posting it... ( shakes head... strange kids )

·
Registered
133 Posts
mine does the same thing. I worried for the longest time about this. it was more annoying than anything but now I just deal with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI . I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHIT MY 2008 AND I PURCHASE A TANK BAG THAT I USED FOR DAILY COMMUTER WITH THE TANK BAG INSTALL YOU DONT HEAR THE NOISE BECAUSE IT SEAT ON TOP OF THE GAS CAP ITS A CHEAP FIX

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK ILL KEEP THAT IN MIND. sorry dude i had to.

my gascap has shut the hell up all winter, cause it was cold. but, the second it got hot again, its back making noise. i have found that it wont start making noise until the temp is over 75f. give or take

maybe ill look into finding a different type of rubber seal for the cap. one that isnt so hard, and makes a better seal?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Well, if the gas builds up pressure as the tank is heated by the sun/ambient temperature, that pressure has to be released somewhere otherwise I'm sure eventually it will start flooding the carbs (if all other ways are plugged, the only place the fuel has to go is into the carbs and overfill them), so I'm thinking finding a vent mod that makes the venting quieter would be better than blocking it off completely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hmm good point... maybe drill a tiny hole in the rubber seal so air can escape and not whistle? that might be a bad idea.

but then again, if your bike is in an orientation such that you are worried about gas leaking from the top of the tank, i think you have other things to worry about. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
son of a... thanks felix! i dont know how i missed that. i must have not checked this thread for a long time, and assumed there were no developments.

have you done the mod?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine sounds like a dying cow.... Its more pronounced with a dramatic temperature change. And it is awsome . I love it . I wish that was the sound my wife made all the time ..oh wait . she does . I joke. One more thing to live with . ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Felix said:
Hah, no probs.... Nah I ended up just getting used to it.

Felix
It always seems to happen when I get down to about a half a tank so I justs think it's my bike's way of telling me to fill her up :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had my bike inside the house for a few days just across from my bedroom and that whining noise woke me up a few times. In the end I just left the fuel cap open and that stopped the whining but then my house smelled like petrol dammit. It's back in the garage now, it can cry all it wants.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts