Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the owner's manual says that the fuel level indicator starts flashing when there are 4 liters of fuel left in the tank
i find is is a bit less than that, closer to 3 liters actually... do you have a similar experience?
sorry for asking this... i live on an island with the occasional fuel shortage when the tanker boat is late
... pushing a dry ER-6F under the equatorial sun is not my idea of a fun ride :)

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
the owner's manual says that the fuel level indicator starts flashing when there are 4 liters of fuel left in the tank
i find is is a bit less than that, closer to 3 liters actually... do you have a similar experience?
sorry for asking this... i live on an island with the occasional fuel shortage when the tanker boat is late
... pushing a dry ER-6F under the equatorial sun is not my idea of a fun ride :)
Red 5 gallon gas tanks...
Get 2-3 n fill them up...
Add recommended dose of:
PRI Fuel Stabilizer- Gasoline - Amazon.com

Now ur good in case.....
Just use the fuel up every couple months and replace.
Now u have no worries....
This is what I do so I don't have to run to a station when not wanting to have to make the stop at times coming home.
I can fill at home, and the additive actually make my bike run better.
:thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for this... will look into it
can probably get it Fedex'd to Singapore, the island nearby

a good fuel additive is what is needed here anyway
you won't believe the liquid crap that gets pumped into my bike's fuel tank sometimes

here the petrol pump sells high octane fuel at world market prices
but diesel and low octane petrol go at a subsidized rate, which makes them 60% cheaper

it is tempting for the pump owner to get transfer hoses mixed up at times
... and there goes a bit of diesel or low octane petrol into the high octane storage tank...

i pay for high octane... but am not sure what i get...
the bike can tell, though... :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.