Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... has anyone try to do the fuel injection on the ninjas? I have read on some post that they have ninjas with fuel injection in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't think anybody has tried to do a conversion from carburated to fuel injected...at least on this site. all 250r ninjas sold in the states are carbed. fuel injected versions are only offered in other select countries

·
Registered
331 Posts
I dont think there's that much dif on consumption.My FI turned 26km/l on moderate speed.That's roughly 60mpg.Big dif anyhow is the power out put , 27 versus 33 hp.Top speed (FI)~ 180km/hr, ~112 mph.The final drive 14/43 std.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
A question for the FI people . Has anyone with a fuel injected 250 ninja tried an aftermarket exhaust? Just curious about getting the mixture tuned .

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've heard second hand that the ECU is able to compensate for the exhaust/better airflow, but I haven't actually experienced it first hand.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
mrdaf said:
Woo I've got fuel injection. UK rocks!
ive already reminded people of this ;)

darkhorse said:
A question for the FI people . Has anyone with a fuel injected 250 ninja tried an aftermarket exhaust? Just curious about getting the mixture tuned .
When i get my bike im going t fit an AreaP to it but i think ill have to take it to the store to have it fitted so they can program it!.

Is the FI bike really faster than the carbed bike?

·
Registered
331 Posts
TekkaBlade said:
Top speed is electronically limited to 160 km/h.
It's not quiete like that.The RPM is.At 13500 RPM the rev limiter kicks in.When the needle touches the red line in 6th gear at 13000 RPM and it does,the speed indicated is 180km/hr.

darkhorse said:
Yes,I do run AreaP.With 24 sensors burried everywhere there are no chances the engine is out of tune.
No rich no lean run.No hot no cold start problem.The ECU compensate every needs instantly.

Is the FI bike really faster than the carbed bike?

In std form,with more horse power and taller final drive,it must be.

Just put that pipe on and forget it.No programming needed.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

Really i can really just put the pipe on and not worry?

is that what you did?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know right? I hate choke, that's why I'm turning to the 600cc side lol. But you can import it hopefully? Haven't read anything about doing that yet.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
FI will be out state side in a couple years. They will probably have a double headlight like they did with the 650.
And expect a higher price also.
or it wont change for twenty years.who can tell with Kawasaki.

·
Registered
72 Posts
personally, i am glad we don't have fi on our bikes. i like how we spend two dollars at our local hardware store and buy some washers to shim our needles as opposed to spending 350.00 for a power commander.
just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
As long as it works .I will deal with it. But I cant stand a flaky fuel system of any kind.And I love to tinker with my bike . It keeps me out of trouble. Except for the problems with the law and danger of being killed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts