Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
over on Ninjette.org there is a massive discussion on this kit, and a guy who has already done the guinea pig thing.... The kit is not plug-and-play, requires a few modifications, and some serious tinkering with the maps.... But eventually I will have one of these... Gotta get a few other things done first...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe its just me but I'd rather keep the thing fairly original for a better re-sell value. I mean think about it, your a new rider going for a smaller CC because its safe & dependable. The last thing you want to be wondering is if those high performance "thing-a-ma-jigs" were installed correctly? replacements? and how much extra?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
what other mods do you need to do for the fuel injection kit?
What do you mean? The kit has everything you need to convert to FI, but you're gonna need to spend A LOT of time playing maps and such. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you know your stuff.. You might want to invest into a programmable ignition unit as well, so you can fine tune between ignition timing and fuel mapping...

After all the mods you couldve just bought a ZX6R... But it is fun tinkering with the bike.
You could, or you could have a badass 250... not all of us are after big power... :whistling:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've been reading a lot of threads on this EFI kit. There seems to be some very interesting mixed results.

Some happy, some not.
Conflicts between dyno tuners, mechanics (shade tree and pro) and sellers.
NO RELIABLE DYNO RUNS
Just slightly better performance than unmodified carbs
HP is compatible to carb'd bikes

Not a lot of rave reviews other than it works. So far some of those that installed it are happy with it. I'm just waiting to see some long term results.

NINJA250R ECOTRONS EFI KIT INSTALLED - YouTube

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.