Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having upgraded from those OEM ninja front shocks to the Race Tech emulators I thought I was almost done with my front forks. I was considering new springs but thought I’d wait a bit. I took the bike out to the track to see how well they improved the handling. The bike was more nimble. I could set up the bike into the corners much later and didn’t experience that dive when braking that the stock suspension loves to give you. A huge improvement.

Well I came upon Ricor Shocks Intiminators. These are much like the RT emulators and install just as easily and no drilling. They'll add the shims according to your weight. I took the bike out to the track again just a few days later. Now what a difference! She didn’t dive at all. The compression and rebound are so much smoother. The bike had great compression but it feels so gentle I had to stop and check my markers/zip ties on my forks(?).

My bike was smoother in setting up so I could enter the corners much faster. I prefer them to the Race Tech emulators 10 to 1, and compared with the stock shocks they are 100% better.

You should check them out. They are a little more expensive but I don’t need to replace the springs so in the end it may cost about the same. I think their site is Ricorshocks.com They are also developing some fancy rear shocks and are working on new shocks for our little Ninjettes.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hey Babe9933, introduce yourself in the New Members section, otherwise we're all going to think you're a spammer... :p

Oh hey, and Liz (is it OK to call you liz, or should I apologize and start calling you Elizabeth?), if you don't mind me asking, do you think I'd need stiffer springs along with these Intiminators? I'm 150lbs?

And D, can you add this to your 250 encyclopedia of aftermarket parts? Thanks

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
spooph said:
Hey Babe9933, introduce yourself in the New Members section, otherwise we're all going to think you're a spammer... :p

Oh hey, and Liz (is it OK to call you liz, or should I apologize and start calling you Elizabeth?), if you don't mind me asking, do you think I'd need stiffer springs along with these Intiminators? I'm 150lbs?

And D, can you add this to your 250 encyclopedia of aftermarket parts? Thanks
Sure spooph!

Crush and Virt NO Delta sandwich!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry. I guess I forgot my intro. I'll take care of it. and no I'm not a spammer. I've just gotten used to sharing all the cool stuff I find and hope others do the same for me.

BTW I think at 140 or 150 it shouldn't matter. I though about changing the springs but I'm going to wait. I've found that when I did too many mods at once I couldn't figure out what did what and how well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.