Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SD04-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R-7R-9R-250R-500R-Frame-Slider_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem23006e06ebQQitemZ150331066091QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So I'm not so sure these would fit, if needed i will do some cutting. I would like a cheap (price wise) pair of frame sliders just so i can protect my bike, you never know when you're going down.

The other day my buddy went to pull a wheelie and his throttle got stuck and he went down, the bike was still in great shape, just some scratches that could have been buffed out.

So if anyone knows of any good frame sliders that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg, please reply =]

thank you

·
Registered
184 Posts
Depends on what you consider an arm an a leg I guess. The shogun complete crash kit is just under 200 bucks and to me thats cheap when you consider 200 bucks to protect a several thousand dollar investment. Shogun also requires no modification and are apprently the best in terms of durability. Many of the members on this site have spoken highly of them.
http://store.racebikerentals.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=0001

Those one from Ebay look like junk, frame sliders are not a good item to be cheap on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
he went down trying to do a wheelie? ...

anyways, i wouldn't trust my bike to those sliders you posted from ebay. i guess that falls into the "better than nothing" category. what is your budget for the sliders? i have seen the shogun frame sliders for about $149. that is without the rest of the crash kit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldn't really trust those ones on e-bay either...I have the Shogun No-Cut frame sliders and i am very glad I invested in it. I dropped my bike a while back ago, and I just have some really minor scratches on my fairings. I got the entire shogun crash kit and it cost me a bit over 200.00 but it is worth it considering one section of fairings cost over 200, plus painting costs.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
you are right.. and thats just the fairing..other things could get damage to so cost could add up or pass 500 dollars

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy i would assume that the Shogun ones are my best investment, Guess it's time to save lol I appreciate your help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts