Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, long story short, I finally got my CRG 2" Blinside mirrors, and had to go to a machine shop to get the bar-ends milled to mount the mirrors.... Anyways. I leave, it's a nice day, a little cloudy, but good riding weather (45F)...

I get outside and it's snowing! And like 30F.... And I don't have my riding pants with me... Damn, this is gonna be another cold ride...

and it gave Cherry an eye patch... "Can ya see the Pirate in me... Aargh"

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes ma'am, Delta, you know what it's all about!! Oh, and I'm doing my damndest to enjoy the little ninja!!! You should see what I got going for turn signals - inspired by Travisty.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlackBoar said:
Spooph, Why don't you get a snowmobile?
Delta107 said:
a snowmobile isn't street legal.
And the tracks will wear out on the asphalt very quick....

Um, it's near to impossible to "slide" a snowmobile's rear, and a bike on ice does it all by itself :D

OK, OK, all stupidity and sarcasm aside, I just like riding man. I know that the more I ride, in various conditions, the quicker I'm going to get better. Contrary to the title of the post, I'm not actually stupid out there... I'm just willing to test the limits more than most people (this is true in every facet of my life). I don't necessarily recommend pushing the limits to anybody, but I don't condone it either. If another wants to see how far he/she can go with anything, go for it...

But along with that, I would also say: think it through, plan according, and just before doing it, always ask your self the question: "Is it worth it?"

Is it worth going out in the snow and possibly dying a slow and gruesome death while a car is parked on top of you... Well, I come from the point of view of:
"add life to years, not years to life" and
"We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding."

So every time I've gone out riding, the answer has been yes, it is worth it..To some, this is perplexing.

So, Black Boar, I guess what I'm really getting at is: I like playing with my bike, in whichever conditions I find myself in. I don't necessarily want to play in the snow with a snowmobile...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Spooph, you're a wee bit off your rocker I think. I get nervous riding when the roads are wet, scared when it's raining, and can't even think of how I'd act if it had been snowing! I am not confident with my tires at all...

I don't know what you have planned for the turn signals, but something I've learned from doing mine is that I needed to buy some flat LED's, not the "super-bright directional" LED's. You can see the whole ass of the bike lit up at night, but during the day you can't tell when they're on or not, unless you're directly on my ass, and I don't appreciate when cars ride me that hard.. Not unless they buy me dinner afterwards.

I'm going to be changing my lights out for a more "traditional" flush mount. Those are in the works, so that's about all that will be said. :p

So, where are the pics of the mirrors? :)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Travisty, it's not the first time I've been called crazy, and I'm so glad you brought it up... I've been wanting to use this vid for a while now...

Billy Joel-You May Be Right

:D :D :D :D I might not be smart, nor that good looking, but certainly know how to get the blood pumping...

I was gonna post the pictures of the mirrors with the post on the turn signals, but it's taking some time, so I'll prolly have them up momentarily...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.