Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

For those of you winter bound...

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  spooph 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thourght I would share some pics from our Australia day ride through to Cradle Mountain.
But first.....My Ride as it stands today!!

Isn't she a beauty??!!;D

Ok, We took off, Indie and his wife on his V-Strom, and I had Wifey on the back of me. Quick stop at the Finger Post rest stop for a cuppa.

Then we made a stop at a mountain pass lookout
That is Lake lee in the background, I camped there once with my Dad, and we got caught in a huge thunderstorm, I didn't think we would make it through the night!

We then made it to the Cradle Mountain Lodge. We stopped here for lunch, and took a little walk around the lodge.

So many dead trees around, but since it is a World heritage site, nothing can be done to them

On to the small walk after our beautiful meal. There are walkways built everywhere to try and preserve the wilderness.

We jumped back on the bikes, but I made a quick stop at a turn off a couple of kilometers down the road. I had to get a photo of this sign

For those of you wondering what the hell is going on, my real name is Daniel Quaile, and this water fall was discovered by my great-great-great Uncle back in 1917. My family has a large heritage in the Cradle area including providing the Taxi service between Wilmot and Cradle Mountain......With an Ox and Cart!!

Unfortunately, the falls are a good 10 minutes ride from the main road on private property, and from there it is a 1.5hr walk return!! We obviously didn't see them today!

Then it was back on the road and onto Lake Cethana. This lake is used for extreme deep diving practice for people the world over. They have a diving bell there and people will spend several days underwater at a time!

Enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#2 ·
I like your bike zan. Looks like a great cruiser that would also love the twisty stuff. It's more or less a faired version of the er-6n isn't it?

Tassy looks great. I've mentioned a few times to my riding buddies that one day we should take the Spirit of Tasmania over there for a weekend on the bikes. Only trouble is that they're all married. They've got, like, families or something.

#4 ·
I like your bike zan. Looks like a great cruiser that would also love the twisty stuff. It's more or less a faired version of the er-6n isn't it?

Tassy looks great. I've mentioned a few times to my riding buddies that one day we should take the Spirit of Tasmania over there for a weekend on the bikes. Only trouble is that they're all married. They've got, like, families or something.
Thanks Aysee, yeah same bike just with more........Fairings!!!!!:p;D

Don't worry, Tassies entrance exam comes with pictures, so most people get it right!! And yeah, I do agree this family thing is screwy, makes people do lots of things that make no sense!!

Spooph, everything is so green thanks to the consistant rain that we have been having. What I love is everything still looks green, but the thing I really hate is my lawn mower is using more fuel than the bike lately!!!

#8 ·
#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.