Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at princess auto and saw fog lights there for 19.99. I was kind of bored that day so i bought them and put them on my bike. (I have since taken them off.) Here they are:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Sorry Cossitt, but there are no pictures there!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or there they aren't... I tried to post them but it said the pictures were to big so i reduced them to %40 of their original size and they ended up being about 30 - 40kb each which is under the 128kb limit. I even tried posting just one at a time but it still said the picture was too big. Let me know if anyone knows what is wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
try posting them again in a new post below, sometimes there are some issues that stop you from reposting in the same post above

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a side note, someone tried to break into my garage while i was in it the night that i was putting them on.

On another side note, i left them on my bike for about two weeks with no problems but then out of no where my bike only started when it wanted to. The first time it happened was when i came out of the gas station. My bike had only been turned off for a few minutes and all that would happen when i tried to start it was a kind of loud buzzing noise. I went home then came back an hour later with some tools but it started just fine. Then the next day it wouldn't start when i wanted to go home from school and i ended up having to boost it. Thats when i took them off, and it seems to be fine now. I still cant figure out what was going on.

Delta107 said:
Interesting!
Ya i wasnt sure if i liked it or not. After a while it grew on me though, till it screwed things up that is

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i wasnt aware of that. I had them angled quite low so that they were lighting up the are between my front tire and where the headlight hit the road. I liked having them on they looked about as bright as the headlights. They were 55W. Don't know what the stock headlights were.

While i was at princess auto i also picked up a set of 100W halogens lol i'm hoping they will satisfy my need for HID's.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
so felix, how does that affect cars with daytime running lights like Audi and BMW? they are on all of the time

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
A driver must now only operate front or
rear fog lights if driving in fog or other
hazardous weather conditions.
It is now an offence to use front fog lights
in clear weather conditions.
It will be up to the Police, the law is that vague that can apply it to what ever they like. I got done 3 times in my ute, never fined tho. I'm sorry, but anything that increases my night time visibility and doesn't blind oncoming drivers I'm gonna use.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
HOLY ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND COSSITT!!! That space-ship of yours, er, ninja's gotta be a dream to drive during the dead of night! Really cool. How much you sell them for, since you're not using them, eh?

And I think when you wired them up you shorted something, cause there should be no reason that they affect the starting/running of the bike, the stator should be able to handle that load no prob...

Oh, and is your name based on the name of Jean Valjean's adopted daughter in Les Miserables?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
spooph said:
HOLY ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND COSSITT!!! That space-ship of yours, er, ninja's gotta be a dream to drive during the dead of night! Really cool. How much you sell them for, since you're not using them, eh?

And I think when you wired them up you shorted something, cause there should be no reason that they affect the starting/running of the bike, the stator should be able to handle that load no prob...

Oh, and is your name based on the name of Jean Valjean's adopted daughter in Les Miserables?
oh boy spooph has a crazy idea. lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually i went back to princess auto today with them to return them but they had new stock in so i ended up getting another set lol. These ones don't have the halos around them but they didnt work very well anyway. The new ones I got are much more slick-looking too! I'm in my garage right now as i type this putting them on, along with a fender eliminator and integrated tail light. The tail light seems to be giving me some trouble now though...

and no my name has nothing to do with that. Don't even know what your talking about actually

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
K, so where does your name come from?

so you wanna sell one of those sets? :p

And Les Mis is one of the greatest plays ever!:D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I agree with spooph. I think u had something wired wrong in a way that it was still drawing current while been turned off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts