Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Brothers and Sisters of the Ninja!

41 year old finally gets a motorcycle. I come from a bicycle racing and daily bicycle commuting world and the motorcycle was the logical next step in my life without an automobile.

I recently got a super low mileage 2006 Ninja 250 and love it!! It's light, well balanced and REALLY YELLOW!!

Looking forward to yakkin with you all!

Cy

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome cyclotron, great to have you on board!
Don't forget to post up some pics, we can't get enough of them!

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Hey dude! Welcome! Also, dig the pedals collection... You don't happen to have a trashed steel frame with vertical drops out, do you? :) Guess what I want to build.... But alas, money usually goes to the moto, so I can't spend money on a high dollar fixy..

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spooph!

Fixed is the way to go! I've been riding/commuting on a 42x18 gear since 2003. for a time I was running a 42x19 when I had panniers on it. I've owned 4 fixed bikes.

I also raced on the Alpenrose velodrome for a few years. No brakes and 42 degree banking! The only place you can pull G on a bicycle! :)

K

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle frame

My deluxe Euro Asia Imports Bareknuckle track racing bike also built be the master builder Dean Reed. This bike had the glue on tubular Tufo tires and was only ridden on a swept track surface.

The gearing I ran was 48x15 and on occasion a 49x15.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.