Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Felix, and Coinslot and all you others down under, are you being affected by these floods? It looks like a terrible situation, hope you guys are doing OK.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
I'm ok, just a bit over it all. I live in a very hilly area couple of floors up in a unit block.

Where coinslot lives, two of the four ways out of town have been closed for weeks. Our flood mitigation dam is at 102.5%, so basically completely useless, if we get another big push. Plus they are now playing cyclone preparedness ads on telly down here which is rare.

Another sucky part about all this is the roads! They've COMPLETELY shit themselves! Aussie roads are bad enough as it is, but now, it's pot hole hell! Plus soooo much crap washed onto the roads and the inner and far edges.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Down in Tassie, all is pretty good, we got rained on our trip over the weekend, and the wind won't stop. Tassie is pretty exposed to the wind and the "roaring 40's" there is stuff all blocking the wind from South Africa to Tassie so we cop it fairly often, then we get all of the cold Antartic wind over winter and we freeze our asses off!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Another sucky part about all this is the roads! They've COMPLETELY shit themselves! Aussie roads are bad enough as it is, but now, it's pot hole hell! Plus soooo much crap washed onto the roads and the inner and far edges.

Felix
Indeed. The roads are horrible at the moment!! Plus, because I still have no car, I had to ride to work in that rain every day. That sucked more than anything has ever sucked before.

One the plus side, I wasn't affected too much by flooding. My dad and brother were flooded in for a while tho but thankfully no damage.

·
Registered
379 Posts
All's good down here in Melbourne but we've still been getting more than our fair share of rain. Looks really bad in Queensland from what they show us on the news. I can't believe we were in a drought not long ago.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? The flood affected area is now bigger than our neighbouring state (NSW). A lot of unhappy farmers out there.

We had a quick blast of ran last year that cut my entire suburb off from every side. I couldn't get home from work. Just sat in a massive traffic queue with the rest of the sheep.

A friend of mine is trapped in Rocky. Won't be making it back to work tomorrow. The worse thing is, they had an alcohol free NYE 'cause they couldn't get to the bottlo!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Felix must still be out of power and phone line because he hasn't sent me a text yet. Last we heard his house was going to be fine but the rest of his suburb is pretty smashed.

The roads here have reopened and everyone is driving around like crazy people looking for supplies.

The last few pages of the off topic thread have our updates. I have some photos that I will try to get up later today. Nothing too exciting though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.