Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while! hope everyone's doing great in these tough times! But my question is, has anyone experienced flickering in there head lights? The high beam flickers a lot more than the standard bulb, maybe i notice it more because its brighter but does anyone have any clues? and if so how do i access the lamp to check my wires?

·
Registered
256 Posts
is it flickering when you are standing still? or when you are moving?
because if it is only when you are moving, the hi does project out farther with a smaller angle to the ground (//), so bumps and whatnot have a greater effect on it. otherwise....? i would suggest buy the kawi service manual :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it flickers when im still! i think the vibration from the motor makes it vibrate. but it seems like its gonna turn off. Imma check my batter to make sure the terminals arent loose because i also noticed the dash dims also.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea thats a good idea. could be as simple as the bolt that keeps the wires on the terminals is loose (i assume its secured with a bolt, like a car.... :))
if not tho, the service manual has electrical diagrams, so you could trace it to see where the dash and headlights branch off from main. also, if its under warranty...make the stealership do it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
By flickering do you mean go on and off rapidly or just brite/dim very quickly when stand still?
If it's the later case,check your idle.If it's the 1st case then check the connections.

·
Registered
267 Posts
like eric said, I'd check where your bike is idling at. it it's idling low and you have the high beams on, that's even more load that the alternator is trying to supply power to. it could be as simple as bumping the idle up a bit. in fact, red has said in another thread somewhere that he adjusts his idle that way. he turns his idle screw and adjust it down until the light starts to get dim and then turns it back up just beyond the point where it's bright again. hope that helps....let us know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.