Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Is the sprocket hub in the dampner suposed to be sloppy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of the finished product will be on tomorrow..but The mod is done....15-42 sprocket change!!..wow the bike has so much more potential now... I did however notice that when I took the rear tire off the sprocket and hub was very sloppy in the dampener...is this normal?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
UTIED, dude, you either gotta get a new camera, or clean the lens of the one you got!!!!! J/K :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
oh!......ok, that works!!!
Utied, forget my last comment!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
UTIED, to answer your question, yes, the sprocket hub is quite loose. for instance, if you had your wheel laying on the ground, brake rotor down, and tried to pick up the wheel by the sprocket, it should have just slipped out.... It's a dampner of sorts for hard shifts and the like, intended to extend chain life, soften jerks on the drive train which should keep traction better, and there for, extend tire life...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is the finished pic...sorry so blurry guys...thats the best this crackberry is gonna get...its 2 years old and yes time for a new phone!!! THANKS SPOOPH that kinda puts my mind at ease...but the bike is so much better now with that sprocket kit...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts