Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda CBR250R vs Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Finally we get to see who is the king of the 250s. And the winner is!...well you'll have to read the article to find out.

Honda CBR250R vs Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Steve Atlas Contributing Editor
Friday, February 04, 2011

...But there’s finally a new kid in town from another of the major Japanese bands - Honda’s all-new CBR250R (be sure to check out the 2011 Honda CBR250R First Ride review). The big question that arose after riding the Honda a month back was: Can it challenge the tried-and-true Kawasaki, or will Honda come up short? Only one surefire way to find out - it’s shootout time!

Honda CBR250R vs Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Sportbike Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA

Honda CBR250R
[url]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1039/Motorcycle-Video/2011-Honda-CBR250R-Comparison-Video.aspx[/URL]

Kawasaki Ninja 250R
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/9134/Motorcycle-Article/Honda-CBR250R-vs-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R.aspx[url]http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1038/Motorcycle-Video/2011-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-Comparison-Video.aspx[/URL]

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, I love the little goofy things they threw into the videos photos and article. As is true with most small bikes, they bring out the fun and goofy in all of us... :p

PS - YAY!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
After reading that I gotta say I still love the Kawasaki's. I don't like the rider position on the CBR and the Kawi just looks more sporty. Kudos to Honda for producing more torque...not that you need it lol. It's a good contender, especially with the FI included already. But, I'm still sold on the Ninja.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
After reading that I gotta say I still love the Kawasaki's. I don't like the rider position on the CBR and the Kawi just looks more sporty. Kudos to Honda for producing more torque...not that you need it lol. It's a good contender, especially with the FI included already. But, I'm still sold on the Ninja.
Good boy, we'd hate to have to ban you cause you bought a Honda!!!:p;D

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's down to personal preference. Either way you're not going to get a bad bike. The Honda does have some advantages like fuel injection, optional ABS and better clocks but the Ninja is a faster bike with proven reliability and better handling for the beginner (the review says it feels more planted - that's better for a beginner).

If the Honda was available when I was buying a 250 it would've been a hard decision.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
We've had the CBR125 in Canada for years, and I always thought it was just too small, displacement and physical size. With the new 250, Honda also re-designed the 125 making it a bit bigger in body and wheels. That's why I was so surprised to see the CBR250 alongside the Ninja and notice - right away - that the Honda looks small.

Glad to see the Ninja come out on top most of the way - it should. But even with all the testing and riding and experiences aside, I was turned off on the Honda - first impression - by the size.

So, when do all the Ninjas get FI???

·
Registered
726 Posts
So Honda looked hard at the competition, and decided what the CBR needed was a lower first gear, and less clutch feel?? :eek: Throw in, an ABS system that you'd be better off not having. And an engine that can't pass traffic on the freeway.

Apparently when Honda logged into the Kawi forums, the only thing they read was the desire for fuel injection.

Looks like what the CBR250 really is... is a simple, safe little commuter, in race clothing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I'm not in the market for either bike but for the beginner, I think the good news is now there's some choice.
On the other hand, here's a 250 I could get into.

Quote " Its 250cc two-stroke motor produces in excess of 60 brake horses, giving it a specific output of 240 bhp per litre - more than the fastest MotoGP bikes and on a par with competitive Formula One engines''

Aprilia RS250 - the LAST fire-breathing two-stroke roadster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.