Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered most of my gear. I still need boots, but I'll just check out some at a shop.

I went with these and I quite literally bought the last jacket in stock..lol

Jacket
Power Trip Women's Harlow Leather Jacket - RevZilla

Gloves
Joe Rocket Women's Cleo Gloves - RevZilla

Rain jacket
Tour Master Sentinel Rain Jacket For Women - Off Color Pink :: MotorcycleGear.com

I haven't purchased rain pants or even regular riding pants yet, but I will when I have more to spend on such things. I hope I didn't mess the sizing up and hope the gear works out nicely.

·
1,458 Posts
Saavik said:
Well, I ordered most of my gear. I still need boots, but I'll just check out some at a shop.

I went with these and I quite literally bought the last jacket in stock..lol

Jacket
Power Trip Women's Harlow Leather Jacket - RevZilla

Gloves
Joe Rocket Women's Cleo Gloves - RevZilla

Rain jacket
Tour Master Sentinel Rain Jacket For Women - Off Color Pink :: MotorcycleGear.com

I haven't purchased rain pants or even regular riding pants yet, but I will when I have more to spend on such things. I hope I didn't mess the sizing up and hope the gear works out nicely.
Really like the jacket. But more glad to know your getting the protective gear. You have earned alot of respect with me because protective gear is the most important thing you can buy.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really like the jacket. But more glad to know your getting the protective gear. You have earned alot of respect with me because protective gear is the most important thing you can buy.
Thanks, I just hope the jacket is the correct size as well as the gloves and rain jacket. I still need a few more bits of gear before I have a full set, but this is a huge start. Glad I got everything on sale.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my rain jacket came in and as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I put it on to see if it fit. It fit nicely and it was hot in the house, so I decided to take it off. When I was unzipping it, the zipper messed up near the bottom and I had to step out of the jacket like stepping out of a dress. I won't buy tour master gear ever again and I won't buy from cyclegear.com ever again.

It took a long time, but I unjammed the zipper, but the zipper now sticks at the top and requires force to move it down. Is there a way to fix the zipper issue or should I just demand a refund or replacement? The jacket has been in their inventory for a long time, the tag says manufactured in 2009, maybe long storage has something to do with the zipper issues I'm having?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Run a little graphite along the zipper, which will work as a lubricant for the zipper.
If you don't have graphite powder, run a high lead pencil(2B or 4B etc) along the zipper, does the same job

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
Saavik said:
So my rain jacket came in and as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I put it on to see if it fit. It fit nicely and it was hot in the house, so I decided to take it off. When I was unzipping it, the zipper messed up near the bottom and I had to step out of the jacket like stepping out of a dress. I won't buy tour master gear ever again and I won't buy from cyclegear.com ever again.

It took a long time, but I unjammed the zipper, but the zipper now sticks at the top and requires force to move it down. Is there a way to fix the zipper issue or should I just demand a refund or replacement? The jacket has been in their inventory for a long time, the tag says manufactured in 2009, maybe long storage has something to do with the zipper issues I'm having?
Send it back. And get better gear.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
1,458 Posts
Saavik said:
I don't have the money for a rain suit like that.
But you probably spent 50 on rain gear that you will have to replace 3 times anyway so might as well save money and buy one suit. Same with all your gear. I know its expensive but its important

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But you probably spent 50 on rain gear that you will have to replace 3 times anyway so might as well save money and buy one suit. Same with all your gear. I know its expensive but its important
I actually spent $35 and they have shipped me a replacement, but I fully expect the replacement to be junk as well.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I tried out my replacement jacket (Tour master sentinel) and it suffered the same immediate zipper failure. I'm just going to return it, tour master sucks and I advise against doing business with motorcyclegear.com, they sell really inferior quality stuff that sits in their inventory for years (Jackets are both made in 2009 according to the tag inside.). I just wish the zipper didn't fail up at my neck, it was very hard to get the jacket off me, it failed near the bottom last time and I just stepped out of it like stepping out of a dress.

Oh, the gloves haven't been returned yet, I'll be shipping them back Tuesday when I go past a UPS drop box on my way to class, I just finally got access to a printer for the shipping label. Just need to get the right size this time. Revzilla is a good company to deal with, but motorcyclegear.com is just awful.

I noticed nobody pays attention to me when I have my riding jacket on, but when the pink rain jacket goes on even motorcyclists passing by seem odd. I got a very weird wave from some guy and most didn't wave at all. I think they hate my shitty quality rain jacket? lol

·
1,458 Posts
Saavik said:
I tried out my replacement jacket (Tour master sentinel) and it suffered the same immediate zipper failure. I'm just going to return it, tour master sucks and I advise against doing business with motorcyclegear.com, they sell really inferior quality stuff that sits in their inventory for years (Jackets are both made in 2009 according to the tag inside.). I just wish the zipper didn't fail up at my neck, it was very hard to get the jacket off me, it failed near the bottom last time and I just stepped out of it like stepping out of a dress. Oh, the gloves haven't been returned yet, I'll be shipping them back Tuesday when I go past a UPS drop box on my way to class, I just finally got access to a printer for the shipping label. Just need to get the right size this time. Revzilla is a good company to deal with, but motorcyclegear.com is just awful. I noticed nobody pays attention to me when I have my riding jacket on, but when the pink rain jacket goes on even motorcyclists passing by seem odd. I got a very weird wave from some guy and most didn't wave at all. I think they hate my shitty quality rain jacket? lol
Nothing that tour master or bike master is worth a damn. Motorcycle gear.com is defiantly douchey. Revzilla is ok but you can find cheaper prices for the same stuff out there. As far as the jacket goes. Maybe no one pays attention to you because you now look like other bikers. Adding the pink allows ppl to see a girl on a bike. Ppl like to be more cautious around girls. It's human nature not to mention most men are perverts. I had two other guys riding with the group last week that had girls on the back and I swear to ya they were by far the most popular bikes in the group. And they both had beater bikes that had been wrecked and had dented tanks etc. not like the new tricked bikes we were riding. Anyhow. Gear is super important. Finding gear with noticeable colors and the right amount of reflective material is hard to find. I usually have helmets with white or yellow as a predominant color. Find a jacket or whatever it is. Find the part number and google that part number. I always find gear and parts that way. Takes a little more time but the money saved is worth it

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I tried out my replacement jacket (Tour master sentinel) and it suffered the same immediate zipper failure. I'm just going to return it, tour master sucks and I advise against doing business with motorcyclegear.com, they sell really inferior quality stuff that sits in their inventory for years (Jackets are both made in 2009 according to the tag inside.). I just wish the zipper didn't fail up at my neck, it was very hard to get the jacket off me, it failed near the bottom last time and I just stepped out of it like stepping out of a dress.

Oh, the gloves haven't been returned yet, I'll be shipping them back Tuesday when I go past a UPS drop box on my way to class, I just finally got access to a printer for the shipping label. Just need to get the right size this time. Revzilla is a good company to deal with, but motorcyclegear.com is just awful.

I noticed nobody pays attention to me when I have my riding jacket on, but when the pink rain jacket goes on even motorcyclists passing by seem odd. I got a very weird wave from some guy and most didn't wave at all. I think they hate my shitty quality rain jacket? lol
Just flip them the finger.....LOL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts