Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as for yet another one of my interests, I have photography. I especially like film. Digital is convenient, but film is both an art and a science, especially when there's no light meter. Especially when you're camera is a box. Over the weekend I went to visit a friend, and in return for helping around the house, his grandma gave me one of her late husbands many photo toys... I aim to refurb it and shoot with it some time this winter.... B&W and color is gonna be the way to go. I want to try and find bulk B&W, although I guess that's not necessary, but I will be developing the film myself... Then I have to figure out if I want to print it myself, or if I just want to get it scanned into the computer and who will do that for me, cause I ain't paying for a 120mm film scanner... Anyways, pickies:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Sounds like you will be joining yet another forum to find a film scanner buddy. Nice camera!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
wow. we have an old film projector in the garage! but on 8mm film. that thing is old!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol Z. Doubt it, got too many forums already.... I'll just pay a shop to scan it for me...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
My Dad was super heavy in slide photography. Slide night there is hell!!!!
Mind you, he knew how to take a photo!!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I have a couple of old 35mm I got when my dad passed away. I keep them in good condition (Nikon) incase I need them some day. There's film in there from old autopsies and unfortunately the last time I went to take one of the camera's to get the film developed I was greeted by 5 cops thinking I was the next Dahmer. Film was labeled Autopsy/John's 17th birthday. Yeah that didn't end too well.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Roflmao!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not that big of a loss, if you ask me... there will be shops for YEARS to come that will process film....

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Over at the one I "USED" to go to they'd frame them for $4.00 if I needed something blown up a bit and they wont do that with digitals now. Really sucks, at least for me lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts