Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that my fan has not been turning on automatically. Even in peak hour traffic.

The other day the temperature light came on and now when I ride there seems to be a funny smell coming from the front (radiator).

Not sure if this smell was around before all this happened.

I opened up the radiator lid and checked the coolant but it was filled to the top. after riding home and settling the bike for 20mins the overflow was abit below the L line. Even when cold it is still just below the L line. Isn't it supposed to expand (to F line) when hot?

Not sure if I keep riding, it will create bigger problems. What should I be checking now? Fan fuse? (any links to tep by step guide will be helpful too)

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You might want to check your fan motor lead connector and the fan switch for a good connection. The fan helps keep the engine cool but the thermostat is key to keeping the coolant moving. If you are getting a temp light and see or hear fluid moving or the fan on, you may want to check your whole system.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.