Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
I have started using the car for my commute to class, but I haven't put the bike up yet, as I'm still using it for short range riding as it's so cold at 75 MPH for an 80 mile ride.

· Registered
630 Posts
get heated gear Plus it's always transferable from bike to bike. Plus the bike portion of the hook up takes about 4 minutes
I don't think I have the money for that stuff, so I'll keep my bike on short range riding for now until it either gets too cold for that or the first snow, then its sleepy time for my bike until spring.

So for it's winter rest, just make sure I have a full tank and pour a bottle of fuel stabilizer in and thats it?

1,465 Posts
We are suppose to get snow this week, so as soon as that salt hits the road I am done for a few months!
yeah I hear ya. I don't do ice or road salt. But I also live in the south where we ever rarely get either of those things. And I picked up heated pants and a heated jacket for 175.00 and still have them. So in actuality they cost me 43.75 a year to have and next year it will be less. So I think most can afford that here. Especially if you spend more for gas on another vehicle then depends on that gas it may save you money. Just saying

· Registered
630 Posts
yeah I hear ya. I don't do ice or road salt. But I also live in the south where we ever rarely get either of those things. And I picked up heated pants and a heated jacket for 175.00 and still have them. So in actuality they cost me 43.75 a year to have and next year it will be less. So I think most can afford that here. Especially if you spend more for gas on another vehicle then depends on that gas it may save you money. Just saying

True, but I have to point out, the first few words of your post reminding me of this..lol

George Carlin I heard that - YouTube

· Registered
630 Posts
Heated gear is too expensive, I'm just going with the car for the winter as planned and maybe get to use the bike locally at lower speeds (Non-interstate travel). Sure it would pay for itself in fuel cost, but I don't have $160-$200 for just a jacket alone sitting around in the bank, so I'll just take the slower to add up costs of using the car.

I still need a trickle charger for my bike and to get some stabilizer for my fuel. I don't think I'm forgetting anything other than that for it's eventual winter hibernation time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.