Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been thinking on a red light shining down on the ground between the Engine radiator, and the front tire. Something quite bright that will light up the ground a bit, but not draw a lot of juice. I'm wondering about some sort of a short LED light bar that I can aim down.
Maybe even a small halogen type light...
Something to just make the bike a bit more noticeable at night.
Something simple to wire up on a waterproof switch. I already have a 5 amp fused power wire run to a ciggy/power plug for the GPS I can run it off. Anyone know of some lights?
:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
615 Posts
earlthepearl said:
I have been thinking on a red light shining down on the ground between the Engine radiator, and the front tire. Something quite bright that will light up the ground a bit, but not draw a lot of juice. I'm wondering about some sort of a short LED light bar that I can aim down.
Maybe even a small halogen type light...
Something to just make the bike a bit more noticeable at night.
Something simple to wire up on a waterproof switch. I already have a 5 amp fused power wire run to a ciggy/power plug for the GPS I can run it off. Anyone know of some lights?
:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:
Ledglow.com

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. I got the 6 piece in white...just have been too busy to set it up ha.
I'm not sure yet where i'd like to mount them?
Up front by the radiator shining down or inside the fairing on each side kinda shining out the openings?
Got some time to think about it......:dance::dance:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Be careful of the red and blue lights. The coppers can come a knocking if you use certain colours. Something about making people think you are impersonating an officer.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be careful of the red and blue lights. The coppers can come a knocking if you use certain colours. Something about making people think you are impersonating an officer.
That's why i'll got with the LED's n have them inside the fairing....
Just be a glow showing out the vents

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Doesn't matter where they are located, the coppers will book you!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
U think white would be ok but I'm not sure. I think as long as it is not pointing to the back it might pass. My bro inlaw told me that only red in back ,white and amber in front,he is a cop here,he has a Yamaha r1 and drive the police Harley

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
U think white would be ok but I'm not sure. I think as long as it is not pointing to the back it might pass. My bro inlaw told me that only red in back ,white and amber in front,he is a cop here,he has a Yamaha r1 and drive the police Harley
Think amber would look like crap coming from a red n black bike, but....
White me be ok......
I'm just trying to get them cagers to see me a bit better at night.
The front fairing lights are only on when blinkers are blinking, same as back ones, so....
Those don't help....... But a glow coming out of fairing vent might?
I'll have to email the state police here n ask them i guess before i buy anything....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.